It's been another busy year for operations compliance. There were civil money penalties assessed for overdraft practices; revisions to the Call Report; a significant penalty for a bank's cross-selling program; and an online payment company was hit with a penalty for deceiving consumers about the security of its payment system, just for starters. Plus, there were some significant BSA/AML penalties imposed; the usual collection of OFAC announcements of SDN List changes; OFAC violations and settlements; guidance from FinCEN; more emphasis on faster payments, including the start of same-day ACH; and more geographically targeted orders (GTOs). We'll hit all the highlights during this fast review of the year's operations compliance issues, and tell you where to find more information on developments you may have missed during the year.
What's different that you need to be watching?
What do you now need to focus your attention on this year?
Find out about the changes that may have slipped through the cracks, or sit back in comfort, knowing that you've covered all the bases and are prepared to take on the coming year's inevitable challenges as the Bureau continues to put its stamp on consumer compliance concerns.
Here are some of the things we'll cover in this fast-paced two-hour presentation:
- UDAP and UDAAP in the operations area - significant enforcement actions
- The Bureau's new Prepaid Accounts rule
- Overdraft protection - very much still an issue.
- What you should be doing (or not) about annual privacy notices
- What you need to know about the changes in OFAC's Cuba sanctions
- Regulatory emphasis on complaint policies and resolution - tweaks to make to what you're doing now
- Any developments involving virtual currencies, and what you need to know about them
- Cyber-attacks on ATMs and card authorization systems
- Third-party payment processors
- Operations-related changes to OCC's Comptroller's Handbook
- What the Fed's changes to Regulation D mean for you
- The "Volcker rule" on interchange fees - What's the latest?
- Examination hot buttons
- Same-day ACH settlement - It's up and running, in part
- BSA/AML developments
- and more
John was very well prepared. rmauriello