New data fields, new boxes, and new crimes have been added to the SAR form. It’s time to do a line-by-line review!
FinCEN gave us a “heads up” on its new SAR filing layout months ago, and it’s now a reality. You need to familiarize yourself with the new data fields and understand the additional crimes to be checked off to adequately complete SAR filings. Use of the new format becomes mandatory January 1, 2019.
During the webinar you will review line-by-line the text fields and requirements to complete the new SAR. There are many new fields for cybercrimes, notes to FinCEN and a sprinkling of changes throughout the form. You will receive highlighted screen shots showing you the changes and a SAR Handbook to help with timing, referral forms and other tools to help with your SAR filings.
What you will learn:
- New Note to FinCEN
- What is an advisory or GTO form
- Cyber crimes
- Human smuggling and human trafficking
- Line-by-line review of all instructions
- Clearly marked new instructions
- Copy of Form and instructions
- Referral forms for staff and mortgages
- How to complete a narrative