The Bank Protection Act and the implementing regulations specify the requirements for the Security Officer. We have designed this program specifically for the individual who has little or no previous training in financial institution security. If you have been the security officer for less than three years or are newly assigned to the duties in the security area this is the webinar for you. If you have been the Security Officer for many years this is a great refresher course on the requirements of your position.
We will review the best practices for the financial institutions security officer as well as those things the security officer should never implement. Items of particular interest:
- Who on our staff should be trained and how often about security issues?
- Physical risk assessments what you need to know
- What is a security case and how should it be documented?
- When to obtain help from law enforcement, regulators or other Security Officers
- Where one obtains training for special security problems like internal fraud
- How to report to the board with a limited amount of time
This program identifies the areas of your financial institution you will need special relationships with to be successful. Learn how to gain support from management and staff by developing a risk management committee that will help champion the protection of your bottom line. This webinar provides vital insights on how to achieve success as a security officer for a financial institution!
By attending this webinar, you will:
- Get the blueprint of how to develop your security department;
- Understand what is required of the Security Officer by the Bank Protection Act and the implementing regulations;
- Know why a "Security Group," is necessary for your success;
- Learn what records you should be keeping as your Banks Security Officer;
- Know what you have to teach your staff to be in compliance;
- Satisfy the training requirements for the Bank Security Officer established by the Bank Protection Act;
- Obtain a manual that will be your reference guide in the future;
- Obtain our updated Internet resources for 2016 that provide websites valuable to your risk management staff.
Who should attend:
Security Officers, risk management staff, internal auditors, anyone responsible for security.