The widespread availability of the Internet has resulted in revolutionary changes for individuals and businesses. Now, the Web and email are being eclipsed by social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest. Some companies are successfully harnessing the power of social media to extend their marketing reach, while others are floundering in the new media environment and damaging their image.
In this webinar, we'll help you understand how to lay the groundwork for a favorable social media strategy for your bank - whether you've already put your toe in the social waters or are just getting ready to take the plunge. Our focus will be on the unique needs and objectives of financial institutions as social media players.
We'll talk about:
- Even the FDIC has a YouTube Channel. Should you?
- Tweets are coming from the CFPB, HUD, and more. Should Twitter be part of your marketing mix?
- What's the deal with Google+?
- How could a bank play on Pinterest?
- What you need to understand about the social media habits of your customers and prospective customers - both businesses and individuals.
Establishing a Facebook presence
- Why would you want to?
- How do you go about it?
- 5 most important things to do
- making sure your password is secure and having access to it
- monitoring continuously
- knowing how to quickly remove inappropriate posts
- keeping the information under your info tab current
- posting under the two and two rule.
Biggest mistakes to avoid
- Using a weird icon
- Having someone whose communication skills aren't good do your posts
- Deviating from the "voice/persona" that you've established for your institution
- Doing Facebook first thing in the morning and assuming people will read it.
- Constantly having the same type of content
And more . . .
- How to Like, how to Unlike, how to get others to Like you. Plus, controlling who you Like (and who you show you like) - understanding the risks and advantages.
- Difference between fans and friends
- Next level strategies: Apps for Facebook, what are they, what can they do for you, how to get them.
Monitoring your insights (stats).
- Customizing your settings.
- Interactions - why they're important and how to make them work.
- Prescheduling your posts and Tweets.
- Manage permissions and use moderation blocklists.
- Tips for constructing your welcome pages.
- Moderation Blocklist - can be used to prevent loan officers from discussing rates, for example.
- Watch out - it keeps changing!
- What are vanity URLs, why you might want them, how to get them.
The goal of the webinar is to help you formulate a workable strategy for maintaining a desirable social media presence.
Who should attend:
CEOs, Marketing Directors, Compliance Officers, Operations staff.