Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#145696 - 03/02/04 11:38 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Hey Scrappy People Help me price a garage sale package I've been gathering while packing up my house? Pretty Please?

It's all from Creative Memories. About a dozen albums (all new in wrappers etc.) with extra page protectors and pages. (Three different sizes) Maybe 15 different scissors. About the same number of punches. 8 or 9 template sheets. Circle cutter tool (the glass thing with templates and a guide for the knife). Full sets of three sizes of pens (probably a dozen or more of each size?) miscellaneous stuff and millions of stickers.

I know what I spent (The national debt) because when I get obsessed I buy too much LOL but I was going to price it at $20 bucks. My friend said it's still popular and to price it that low is nuts...what do you think? Be honest...I don't have a clue where to put it at?

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#145697 - 03/03/04 12:45 AM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Yes, a price that low is nuts. If that's all you want, I'll buy it off you!! What size albums? They range in price from $20 to $38 or so. Say you priced them each at $15 just to move them, and throw in the page protectors/refills for free. Scissors you can't really get that much for, say $2 apiece. Punches usually retail between $12 and $20, garage sale price say $5 apiece (unless they are the very small or very large, adjust accordingly.) Cutter tool - from CM? Say $20 for full set. If not CM, then approx $15. Pens are usually AT LEAST $10 minimum, even on sale. Say $8 each, esp if you've never used them. Misc stuff - depends. If it's stuff like eyelets and glitter and tinsel and mesh and such, make grab bags for like $2, or package the whole thing up and call it $20. Stickers - usually cheap. One sheet for a quarter or whatever. Or give them free with other purchase. The kids will buy them if nothing else.

But like I said, if you just want to move it to a new home, I'll give you $25 AND pay shipping - just let me know! Paypal ready and waiting..... (Have I just opened a bidding war?? LOL!)

Return to Top
#145698 - 03/03/04 02:11 AM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Well I could hold them for the bidding war It's all CM stuff, good quality of course, but unfortunately I've packed half of it so I'll save the war for my unpacking schedule...maybe May? Truly, if you want them and you pay shipping I'm all for it! I've got plenty of other goober for the garage sale! (Ball gowns galore!!!) Maybe I should have a virtual garage sale LOL

By the way, the albums I always bought were the largest size (burgandy jackets) and the smallest square size (not the little ones that look like post card holders). I know there are a couple inbetween that but when I was buying they only came in three or four sizes.

It's a shame to sell (since I never did finish an album!) but I have to limit my hobies or I'll go broke I've decided to collect silk instead LOL Smart huh? heh heh

Return to Top
#145699 - 03/03/04 03:09 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
You really should look into selling them on Ebay - you'd be surprised how much you can make. But otherwise, let me know when you unpack them and what you want for them and we'll deal.

Return to Top
#145700 - 03/03/04 03:41 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Quote:

Yes, a price that low is nuts. If that's all you want, I'll buy it off you!!

But like I said, if you just want to move it to a new home, I'll give you $25 AND pay shipping - just let me know! Paypal ready and waiting..... (Have I just opened a bidding war?? LOL!)

Hey I will join on that bidding war. That is way too low for what you have. I agree with the information EGB gave on the prices. Too bad Alaska wasn't closer, I would be the first one there!

Return to Top
#145701 - 03/03/04 06:56 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
I guess it makes sense to ebay them. I'll be sure to post when I list them for ya'll.

I've got two types of "Sale" items I've been packing. The ebay stuff and the garage sale stuff. Most of the ebay stuff is antique clothing. I think I'll gather this stuff up when we unpack the garage sale stuff and make up a few large packages of stuff and put them on ebay as well.

Or....I could offer free "Stuff" to the first person who'll volunteer to complete my danged photo albums! heh heh

Return to Top
#145702 - 01/10/05 05:08 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Hello scrapbookers! I just went to my first scarpbooking/stamping party this weekend. Wow, was I impressed and I am so excited to get going on my first project. But wanted to get some advice from the experts. Any tips on best papers, other supplies, things you use the most, things you wish you would have known when you started, things you thought you needed that you never ended up using?

I read this thread, and love EGB tip on backing all the things you want for a layout in a ziplock bag to help things along.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated

Return to Top
#145703 - 01/10/05 05:29 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I could write a novel on stuff I like..... Glad you've joined the cult - er, I mean, group.

Let's see, from your list:

Best papers - my personal favorites are Club Scrap (not sold in stores), K&Company, and SEI. Club Scrap is a monthly club you sign up for and their papers are cool - they have them made specially and they just feel neat - really thick and rich. And K&CO has very pretty papers, I love them, esp. for my girly girl. SEI I like because they come out with lines that are all coordinated and everything works together super well - you can do a whole album in one theme and it looks coordinated without being cookie cutter. (Just realized the reason I give for liking SEI is the same reason I like Gymboree.....)

Other supplies - You need glue dots. In various sizes. I use the mini the most but have uses for all of them.

Things you use the most - hands down my 12 inch Fiskars cutter. Black ink pen. Bazzill cardstock in a variety of colors but always black, white & ivory. Fibers, and I like the ones that come in a white box with about 7 different ones in the same color families. Blanking on who makes them, though. Making Memories, maybe? Kinda over eyelets but loving brads.

Things you wish you would have known when you started - Not to buy so many stickers - seems like a lot of people go overboard on stickers at first. The exception is letter stickers, which I do use the heck out of. Take a couple of classes and find your own style before you go nuts in the store.

Things you thought you needed that you never ended up using - an overabundance of stickers, those 'fancy' scissors (never use them), Quickutz (like the concept but the tool is hard to use.)

Return to Top
#145704 - 01/10/05 05:59 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Help...I am TRYING to get together a "medical" scrapbook. I am trying to do it for the bear, so she can look back and understand why in the heck she needed a new liver. Do any of you know where I can find medical types of items supplies (i.e., paper, stickers, etc.)?

Thanks all!

Return to Top
#145705 - 01/10/05 06:26 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Uh mom? Try asking the nurses at the hospital she has spent so much time at. Tell them what you are doing, and I'm sure they will help out!

Return to Top
#145706 - 01/10/05 06:33 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
Viking Princess Offline
Platinum Poster
Viking Princess
Stockton, California
"mom" if you pm a list of what you're looking for I can probably get my sister to help out - she's a nurse with a surgical unit.

Return to Top
#145707 - 01/10/05 08:09 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
My mother in law and I are doing a scrapbook of my father-in-laws 25 years in the US Navy. It is really cool so far... and it has been a blast!
I also have been keeping a scrapbook for my brother-in-law who is in the Marines. He sends me pictures and souvineers from all the places he goes. When he came home for Christmas he saw it for the first time. He was so excited. He thought it was the neatest thing ever. I was a little worried, because I didn't think that an 18 year old kid would like it, but he did. By the time his 4 years are up, it will be a huge book, but imagine when he is older and can actually show pictures to his grandkids!

Return to Top
#145708 - 01/11/05 04:49 PM Re: Interesting Article from NY Times in Dec
Cat Woman Offline
Diamond Poster
Cat Woman
New England
Quote:

Hello scrapbookers! I just went to my first scarpbooking/stamping party this weekend. Wow, was I impressed and I am so excited to get going on my first project. But wanted to get some advice from the experts. Any tips on best papers, other supplies, things you use the most, things you wish you would have known when you started, things you thought you needed that you never ended up using?

I read this thread, and love EGB tip on backing all the things you want for a layout in a ziplock bag to help things along.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated

I LOVE Creative Memories' supplies. They are a bit pricey, but they're the best out there (and I'm not only saying that because I'm a consultant!). I've tried using cheaper products in the past, and they're just not the same.

I can't wait until I'm done with school in May! I'm going to be a scrapping machine!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2