Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#1701425 - 05/18/12 08:57 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport MB Guy
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By: MB Guy
I think Atlanta still has one of those smoking rooms/lounges.

When you walk by, the cloud is unbelievably thick; yuck,

LOL! Yes they do and it's funny to see all the people crammed in there on display. sick

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1701427 - 05/18/12 08:59 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport raitchjay
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Love Field out of Dallas......a snap to get in and out of, esp. compared to DFW.

You're crazy. Traffic around Lover's Lane and north-bound on the tollroad is stupid insane.

DFW terminal D (international) is great; good food and shops. British Airways is my favorite - 1st class food is excellent. I like Virgin, too. American is my domestic carrier of choice.

I've hear excellent things about Emirates, but I've not had the chance to fly to Dubai yet.

Return to Top
#1701441 - 05/18/12 09:18 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Milby
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Originally Posted By: Milby
Originally Posted By: raitchjay
Love Field out of Dallas......a snap to get in and out of, esp. compared to DFW.

You're crazy. Traffic around Lover's Lane and north-bound on the tollroad is stupid insane.

DFW terminal D (international) is great; good food and shops. British Airways is my favorite - 1st class food is excellent. I like Virgin, too. American is my domestic carrier of choice.

I've hear excellent things about Emirates, but I've not had the chance to fly to Dubai yet.

I can land at Love Field, be in my pickup and driving home in about 20 minutes. Can't even come close to saying that at DFW. Traffic is traffic, but i can get from Love Field to Central Expressway in about 10-15 minutes. It's a straight shot out on Mockingbird for me, and i'm never on the tollroad.
Last edited by raitchjay; 05/18/12 09:19 PM.

Return to Top
#1701456 - 05/18/12 10:48 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport manimal
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: manimal
Taking off is a little like a shuttle launch... loud loud loud engine then you go straight up! laugh

That's like John Wayne airport here in OC. They have special rules because all the rich Newport Beach peeps complained about airport noise. The planes have to take off over the ocean and they seem like they go straight up.

Return to Top
#1701462 - 05/19/12 02:45 AM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HMS Pippii Offline
Diamond Poster
HMS Pippii
snorkeling in warm, clear wate...
My favorite is Allentown because it's SO easy, but I like Southwest the best and it doesn't fly through Allentown, so I'm going with Kansas City and Southwest.

Return to Top
#1701488 - 05/20/12 04:16 AM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Retired DQ
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: Deek CRCM, CCEP
Least fave airport: Detroit. eek
2nd least fave: Atlanta

Fave airport: Chicago

I hate Atlanta, but if you are are making a Delta connection in the Delta terminal at Detroit, it is a great terminal.

Really hate Atlanta... too many running mad dashes to make a connection.

Schiphol is nice airport as well.

Return to Top
#1701489 - 05/20/12 04:18 AM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: thomasj

Oh, I've been through Milwaukee too - all I remember was that they had a lot of cheese in the airport shops.

Milwaukee is a great get in and get out quick airport, regardless of our abundance of cheese sales...

Return to Top
#1701506 - 05/21/12 12:38 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Weeble Woman
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Originally Posted By: Weeble Woman
Back in the days when I was a smoker Denver was my favorite airport. It actually had a nice indoor smoking lounge - the catch? You had to buy a minimum of one drink. The upside? Doubles were only a dollar more. Sure made the remainder of the flight more fun ~

Covington/North Kentucky has a smoking lounge... Of course that was the airport my underwire tripped the alarms... eek

Return to Top
#1701516 - 05/21/12 01:06 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
GenerousLife Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
Southwest and Airtran

Will Rogers in OKC, Mid-Continent in Wichita (although it is rapidly growing), BWI and Orlando

Last edited by GenerousLife; 05/21/12 01:06 PM.

Return to Top
#1701521 - 05/21/12 01:23 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Southwest flys to many of the smaller airports, never had an issue with any of them...Houston Hobby, Dallas Love, Midway, OKC Will Rogers (although my most intersting TSA moment occured there...you go to the TSA agent, they clear you, you enter a fully enclosed tunnel, no windows, doors, etc. Come out the other end 100 feet later, and the TSA agent there runs you through the entire screening process again. What, did I magically appear in the tunnel?).

Return to Top
#1701537 - 05/21/12 01:36 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport HappyGilmore
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
Southwest flys to many of the smaller airports, never had an issue with any of them...Houston Hobby, Dallas Love, Midway, OKC Will Rogers (although my most intersting TSA moment occured there...you go to the TSA agent, they clear you, you enter a fully enclosed tunnel, no windows, doors, etc. Come out the other end 100 feet later, and the TSA agent there runs you through the entire screening process again. What, did I magically appear in the tunnel?).

I have been through OKC Will Rogers airport more times than I can remember and I have never been double screened. I'm thinking that you may have been violated by fake TSA agents Happy. The card table with the poster board TSA sign written with a sharpie should have been an indication.... laugh

Return to Top
#1701581 - 05/21/12 02:42 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
no, it was several years ago when they were doing construction, my last couple of trips through there were without incident...

Return to Top
#1701626 - 05/21/12 04:12 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Must have been when they were doing the remodel. I've never had to go through "the tunnel".

Return to Top
#1701638 - 05/21/12 04:31 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I hate "The Tunnel" at George Bush International in Houston. It leads down to the dungeon where the regional jet gates are and it's nasty.

Return to Top
#1701644 - 05/21/12 04:37 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
Favorite airports: Indianapolis (it's the best, I swear!), Tampa, John Wayne (Orange County). Charlotte isn't bad, either. For international travel, I like Toronto International a lot.

Least favorite: George Bush/Houston, Ronald Reagan/DC, Atlanta, Minneapolis. International - Frankfurt is an awful, nasty airport and London Heathrow is just a jumbled mess.

Favorite airline: Delta. I've never flown Southwest but I always hear good things.

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1701649 - 05/21/12 04:43 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Aggs
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
i love Southwest

no frills...nothin' fancy...but consistent with good fares, rarely delayed flights, never lost baggage, great customer service and fun flights/flight crews

(of course...the flights that are the most fun are the ones heading to Vegas) grin

Return to Top
#1701657 - 05/21/12 04:57 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
and you run into the most interesting people on the company plane, or as some call Southwest, the cattle car...

Return to Top
#1701685 - 05/21/12 05:49 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Blade Scrapper
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Originally Posted By: Swimware
SFO rocks. And Jet Blue flies there too.

I like SFO for amenities, but I hate trying to connect through SFO - too many weather delays really makes it a crapshoot. The last two times I've connected through SFO, have experienced significant weather delays - this past Thursday, it was 3.5 hours.

Portland, OR is a great airport - easy to get around in, bright and cheery, and the airport contract with vendors requires them to keep their prices the same as they charge at stores outside the airport.

Ontario is a great LA area airport that is often overlooked. Usually not too crowded, easy to get in and out of. Depending on where I was staying in LA area, I'd definitely consider flying in and out of Ontario.

Southwest is great for personal travel: no change fees and no baggage charges. Plus they're generally friendly and funny on the flight. But I don't like them for cross-country flights - nothing is direct; you have to change at least once, often twice, and their legroom is less than some of the other airlines.

Last edited by rainman; 05/21/12 05:52 PM. Reason: forgot to mention Ontario

Return to Top
#1701692 - 05/21/12 05:59 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I like Oakland better than SFO it is easier to get in and out.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1701740 - 05/21/12 07:03 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Rainman - I've flown Southwest to San Diego, Seattle, Vegas, and Denver all leaving out of NO...never changed a plane for any of them. Vegas was non-stop, the rest were 1 stop.

There is a law that was passed by Congressman Wright out of the Ft. Worth/Dallas congressional district (called either the Wright Act or Wright Amendment, not sure which) that deals specifically with Southwest and how their flights can be structured. It was put in place when trying to open D/FW airport in the late 70s, as Southwest wanted to contiue to fly out of Love rather than make the move and pay higher fees. It states something along the lines of any state that directly borders Texas and has service by Southwest can't fly directly between each other, but the flight must touch down in Texas. So, from NO, I can't fly to Arkansas, Oklahoma, or New Mexico directly, must go through a Texas airport. But, I can fly directly to any other state on SW that they service.

Your congress, working hard to hinder business!

Return to Top
#1701778 - 05/21/12 07:38 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Happy,

Try going from Seattle, Portland, Oakland, or LA to DC, NY, or Orlando on SW - you generally have to change planes.

Return to Top
#1701798 - 05/21/12 08:02 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Rainman - I suggest moving to NO...much better choices for southwest from here!

Return to Top
#1701799 - 05/21/12 08:03 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport HappyGilmore
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
laugh

Return to Top
#1701802 - 05/21/12 08:05 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport Miscuit
A_G Online
10K Club
^^^Southwestist^^^

laugh

Return to Top
#1701807 - 05/21/12 08:10 PM Re: Favorite Airline/Airport thomasj
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I flew Southwest from OKC to PA and had two stops but never changed planes or even had time to get off the plane. We stopped in St. Louis and at Midway in Chicago. The jokes that the flight attendants tell are great, but on that flight I heard them 3 times and they got a little old....

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4