Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2123877 - 03/27/17 09:25 PM W-8BEN-E for a foreign entity
CG Offline
NY
We have a business checking account, which has been structured as below, and I wonder what kind of W-8 forms are required for the account.

A foreign asset management company (Entity A) invested in a real estate in the U.S, and the real estate is managed by a real estate management LLC (Entity B), incorporated in a state in the U.S. A business checking account (non-interest bearing) was opened with us for the Entity B. Individual employees (Non-resident aliens) of the Entity A and resident employees of the Entity B are listed as signors of the business checking account; however none of them are beneficial owners of the account.

Some bank employees argue that W-8IMY should be obtained from the non-resident alien signors, however I believe it is okay to receive signed W-8 BEN-E from Entity A only. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2123893 - 03/27/17 10:25 PM Re: W-8BEN-E for a foreign entity CG
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
A business checking account (non-interest bearing) was opened.

If you don't have reporting responsibilities, this is really an exercise in futility.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett