Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#37890 - 10/18/02 04:06 PM Forever Searching
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am trying to find a complete list of states, pre RA9, that permitted personal property (not fixture filings) UCCs to be filed at the county level - and did not require a separate, or dual, filing to be done at the secretary of state level. I know that North Carolina permitted this type of activity, but are there other states that allowed this?

The reason for this question is that I am doing a massive search, and for the most part, I am just searching the secretary of state level for most states. Yet, I am concerned that I might miss some personal property filings or business asset filings, if I don't search some of the counties. Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Article 9
#37891 - 10/18/02 04:17 PM Re: Forever Searching
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Indiana:

Personal property filed at county level.

Business property filed at state level.

Return to Top
#37892 - 05/23/03 06:52 PM Re: Forever Searching
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Nebraska you could file in either the County or the State or both pre-RA9. Although after RA9 all county filings had to be transitioned to the state or they were considered lapsed. This excludes any fixture filings which were filed at the Register of Deeds.

Return to Top
#37893 - 05/24/03 01:18 PM Re: Forever Searching
HallieK Offline
Gold Star
HallieK
Oklahoma
Oklahoma used county filing for personal property pre RA9. A lot of ag filings were filed both county & state, as well as commercial filing at both levels. If you are just checking the Secretary of States Office, you will not find any filings, as Oklahoma central filing office is the Oklahoma County Clerk not the Sec. of State. Even at that, if the filing has not been transitioned as of yet, you still need to check the County Clerks offices.

Return to Top
#37894 - 05/28/03 12:30 PM Re: Forever Searching
Anonymous
Unregistered

I assume it was permitted in NJ because we did it.

Return to Top
#37895 - 05/29/03 03:18 PM Re: Forever Searching
IUalum Offline
Platinum Poster
IUalum
Kentucky
KY allowed it for both business and personal property.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Sam Ott