Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#186461 - 05/04/04 02:45 PM Delinquent Loans-opinions wanted
Piano Man Offline
Gold Star
Piano Man
Down South
I just wanted everyone's opinion on a situation at our bank. We report all delinquent loans greater than 30 days to our board. Our collection officer lookes at each one. Our funds availability policy is next day availability. However, if you make a payment after 2:00 he will count it as being made that day when in reality it posts the next day. I totally disagree with this because if you look at the delinquent report of actual loans as of month end and what we report to the board they are very different.

I guess I want to know if any of you would fight the fight to get this changed, or just grin and bear it?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#186462 - 05/04/04 02:50 PM Re: Delinquent Loans-opinions wanted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I would not fight this fight. If I owed you $20 and said I would pay you next Friday, and did so, but it was after 2pm, would that mean I did not pay it on Friday? Simply running the payment through the next day is a logistical decision that only allows employees to not have to work around the clock. The money was paid and that is what counts.

Return to Top
#186463 - 05/04/04 02:51 PM Re: Delinquent Loans-opinions wanted
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I would say if it doesn't get you into trouble, try to explain why that doesn't make sense. The payment should not be considered made until the day it posts to the loan in my opinion or all the reports would contradict each other. Totals would not match which could be found in an audit only to the extent that you may have them looking further to see why. Maybe not but that would be my fear.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z