Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Thread Options
#1338688 - 02/05/10 05:56 PM "Original" Certificate of Deposit vs. "Copy"
girlsrope2 Offline
100 Club
girlsrope2
Land of Capitalism
This may be an old issue, but is one we are just now facing and would like some help. We currently issue Non-Negotiable CDs. At account opening the customer signs a combined CD/Signature card (provided by our platform vendor) and that signed copy is imaged to his/her account. I know it is old school, but our bank still maintains a "safekeeping" file for some deposit customers. AND, when the customer's copy is lost, we have continued to have them sign an affadavit of Lost Certificate. I believe that because the certificates are non-negotiable that both the affidavits and the safekeeping are obsolete. I believe we are issuing a "receipt" of a paperless CD. Am I correct?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1338729 - 02/05/10 06:20 PM Re: "Original" Certificate of Deposit vs. "Copy" girlsrope2
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
IMHO - that is the basics of it.

As long as you have them sign some sort of redemption or withdrawal slip, that is all you would need.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett