Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1249936 - 09/14/09 08:18 PM E-Statements
NB569 Offline
We currently have customers who have enrolled in e-Statements and have consented to receive statements and notices for their checking account (which requires e-Statements). Some of these same people also have a Savings account (which requires e-Statements); however, they have failed to go into their online banking and select the "button" to start receiving the savings statements electronically. It's been asked if we are allowed by e-sign to go in ourselves and change those customers who have already consented to recieving statements online to receive their savings statement as well. I've talked with some others and we are in agreement that this is more a customer service issue than an e-sign issue but wanted to know if anyone else had any thoughts about it. Thanks!

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1250049 - 09/15/09 12:02 AM Re: E-Statements NB569
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It depends on your e-sign agreement:

(B) the consumer, prior to consenting, is provided with a clear and conspicuous statement—

(ii) informing the consumer of whether the consent applies (I) only to the particular transaction which gave rise to the obligation to provide the record, or (II) to identified categories of records that may be provided or made available during the course of the parties’ relationship;

Return to Top
#1250166 - 09/15/09 02:00 PM Re: E-Statements rlcarey
NB569 Offline
Thanks. Our Terms and Conditions state they are consenting to recieve electronic statements and notices that we make available for their deposit and loans accounts. Doesn't specify a certain account or transaction. So, I think we're okay.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z