Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1431043 - 08/18/10 08:49 PM YSP Block 1 and Block 2
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Ok, I'm confused. I am looking at the RESPA GFE & HUS 1 charges table that is posted in bankers tools and it states that YSP in Block 1 and Block 2 are not APR items. I understood that all items in Block 1 (line 801 HUD) were included in the APR. Can someone help?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1431087 - 08/18/10 10:34 PM Re: YSP Block 1 and Block 2 Still Smiling
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
You cannot make a blanket statement that all items in Block 1 are finance charges that affect the APR. For example, if a lender has an in-house Appraisal Dept. the cost of the appraisal charged to the borrower when an appraisal is conducted by an in-house appraiser is a block 1 item. Under Reg. Z for real estate secured transactions you exclude appraisal fees from the finance charge as long as they are reasonable and bona fide in amount.

You need to review each item that is going into block 1 and determine whether it is a finance charge under Reg. Z.

Return to Top
#1431224 - 08/19/10 01:40 PM Re: YSP Block 1 and Block 2 Reads Regs
Still Smiling Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you for responding. Sorry I know this must be an elementry question, but could you give me an example of YSP in Block 1 that are or are not included in the APR?

Return to Top
#1431433 - 08/19/10 04:13 PM Re: YSP Block 1 and Block 2 Still Smiling
West Coast Comp Offline
Gold Star
West Coast Comp
Lost in the rain.
Comment removed by poster.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z