Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#176330 - 04/02/04 05:26 PM Business debit cards
Anonymous
Unregistered

We issue personal debit cards to customers after pulling a credit report. We issue an adverse action when we deny a debit card.
We are not in real time for debit card transactions. There is usually a 2 day delay before posting.
We want to begin issuing business debit cards and want to begin pulling credit reports on sole proprietors. The highest limit we would offer on a business debit card is $10,000. Am I correct to assume that it is o.k. to issue an adverse action notice when a debit card is denied for a business applicant?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#176331 - 04/02/04 07:27 PM Re: Business debit cards
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The Adverse Action Notice is required for loans. If this isn't a loan or line of credit product, the AAN isn't needed.

The FCRA notice is what you need when a credit report is involved. But the FCRA notice is a consumer reg and not a business.

You may search on "business debit card" to see prior posts. It is important that you and the business understand who has liability for unauthorized transactions.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z