Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1861363 - 10/15/13 01:15 PM Sending info to Auditors
lds1958 Offline
Platinum Poster
When you are preparing for an audit from your outside auditors and getting them requested information do you permit them to take information out of your bank to work on at their office?

Thanks!

Return to Top
Audit
#1861364 - 10/15/13 01:19 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors lds1958
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
we submit requested information to them via the secure website so I would suppose they would be able to use it at their office.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1861453 - 10/15/13 04:48 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors JWills, CRCM
'Lil Freak! Offline
10K Club
'Lil Freak!
The psych ward
Originally Posted By: JWills
we submit requested information to them via the secure website so I would suppose they would be able to use it at their office.

Ditto. And we do the same for state/federal examiners.

Return to Top
#1861455 - 10/15/13 04:51 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors 'Lil Freak!
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Originally Posted By: JWills

Ditto. And we do the same for state/federal examiners.

Yep, we just went through a Fed exam in July, and sent most of our info that way.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1861463 - 10/15/13 05:01 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors JWills, CRCM
A_G Offline
10K Club
and most auditors use electronic workpapers these days anyways. once they scan in the docs/put them in the workpapers they will have offsite access anyhow.

Return to Top
#1861502 - 10/15/13 06:07 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors A_G
lds1958 Offline
Platinum Poster
O.k. I'm familiar with the FDIC's Connection which we upload information to for our Exams however I am not familiar with a secure connection for outside Auditors. I like that idea much better than savings information to a jump drive to give to them.

Thanks!

Return to Top
#1861518 - 10/15/13 06:25 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors lds1958
JWills, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
JWills, CRCM
The Mitten State
Originally Posted By: ldsnanny
O.k. I'm familiar with the FDIC's Connection which we upload information to for our Exams however I am not familiar with a secure connection for outside Auditors. I like that idea much better than savings information to a jump drive to give to them.

Thanks!

Generally I am sent a request list of items they want. Those get put into my shared drive in a folder and then I do a zip file and send them off. I like it, saves alot of time and makes our audits/exams go smoother.

--Dr. Seuss

Return to Top
#1861528 - 10/15/13 06:37 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors lds1958
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Our outside auditors also have a secure web portal. We upload request list info to the portal and they can access it either on or offsite.

Return to Top
#1862097 - 10/16/13 09:35 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors lds1958
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I will only send any information to auditors or examiners via a secure, encrypted transfer site. Our external auditors have one, and obviously there's FDIC connect and our state regulators' equivalent.

Once upon a time, long ago, in my first external audit, the auditor asked me to throw a couple of policies onto a USB drive for him to walk downstairs and plug into his laptop. Without thinking, I did as he requested. He then turned around and wrote me up for not encrypting the information on the USB drive (as is required by our policy). Entrapment! smile But... lesson learned.

Return to Top
#1862101 - 10/16/13 09:52 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors BurntSienna
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
Once upon a time, long ago, in my first external audit, the auditor asked me to throw a couple of policies onto a USB drive for him to walk downstairs and plug into his laptop. Without thinking, I did as he requested. He then turned around and wrote me up for not encrypting the information on the USB drive (as is required by our policy). Entrapment! smile But... lesson learned.

I'd be shopping for new auditors. That is low.

Return to Top
#1862103 - 10/16/13 09:53 PM Re: Sending info to Auditors califgirl
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: califgirl
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna

I'd be shopping for new auditors. That is low.

We did shop for and find new auditors. But I'm still skittish (once burned, forever shy haha).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z