Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1888392 - 01/20/14 01:49 AM Online applications & counseling list
donnac Offline
Platinum Poster
We take online home equity line of credit applications. I was asked if we could provide a link to the CFPB website for applicants to print off their own homeownership counseling list instead of us providing it within 3 days of receiving the online application.

Can we provide a link during the online application process for applicants to print their own list? Or, must the bank provide the list within 3 days of receiving the application?

Thanks.

Return to Top
HOEPA and Homeowner Counseling Rule
#1888478 - 01/21/14 02:42 PM Re: Online applications & counseling list donnac
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#1889878 - 01/24/14 12:51 PM Re: Online applications & counseling list rlcarey
donnac Offline
Platinum Poster
I've read the link & have a follow-up question.

I don't think we have any intention of working with a software vendor to generate the list. I think management would like to put a link on the website & have the applicants generate their own list.

From reading the link, I don't think putting the link on the website for the applicants to generate their own list is OK.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

Return to Top
#1889882 - 01/24/14 01:01 PM Re: Online applications & counseling list donnac
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are correct. Even if you were in the development stage of creating the list, you still have to "deliver" a disclosure providing them the link. You could not just "put a link on the website".

Return to Top