Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1914106 - 04/14/14 01:39 PM Loan officer as transactor on a CTR?
charlied Offline
TN
This feels like a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Loan customer pays the closing costs of a loan with cash over 10,000. The loan officer brings the cash to the teller line for deposit. The customer does not come with her. Do we list the loan officer as a transactor?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#1914112 - 04/14/14 01:48 PM Re: Loan officer as transactor on a CTR? charlied
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
The loan officer is accepting the payment on behalf of the bank just like the teller would had the customer walked up to the teller line. The loan customer is the transactor for the CTR.

Return to Top
#1914360 - 04/14/14 07:52 PM Re: Loan officer as transactor on a CTR? charlied
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
...and it was the loan officer's job to obtain all the information required to properly complete the CTR. Suggest that next time, he walk his customer to the teller window and let the customer deal with someone who knows what they are doing. grin

Return to Top
#1914390 - 04/14/14 08:54 PM Re: Loan officer as transactor on a CTR? charlied
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I remember a loan customer coming in to payoff a truck loan with cash in a brown paper bag. I didn't even touch the bag. I walked him straight to the tellers. I hope your lender counted the money in front of the customer and had the customer agree to the amount. You don't want the customer saying later I gave you $10,200, and the teller counts only $10,100. Lenders should be made to understand that they are not tellers.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z