Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1935775 - 06/26/14 04:23 PM RDC Installation
VMack Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
My bank's business development group would like to utilize a remote access software to assist new RDC customers with the installation process rather than a personal visit. Does anyone currently use this method for installation of RDC and/or have any thoughts about risk management for this method? I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

“The wise know their limitations; the foolish do not.”
Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#1951251 - 08/08/14 09:13 PM Re: RDC Installation VMack
Happy Birthday Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Sorry for the long delay I have done this method and for one of our tech savvy customers they let them install it themselves and we then audited it later.
Since you are remoted into their PC you can see if they have security basics like anti-virus and the like. So I am not sure the risk is any different than trusting the customer they will not change everything you setup in person the moment you walk out the door.
Just my thought coming from the IT side, hopefully a compliance person will jump in with a thought next.

Return to Top
#1951365 - 08/09/14 01:38 PM Re: RDC Installation VMack
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Bad bad idea. The remoting into a customer's PC that contains their banking software. When they get hacked, who is going to get blamed and pay that bill????

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z