Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#1947466 - 07/30/14 07:13 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Ed, the fix to the problem must come from politicians, but this is an issue of liberty, not party politics. If your guys refuse to look out for the greater good, you need to call them on it (that is, of course unless you agree it's not a party politics issue).
Last edited by buggs; 07/30/14 07:14 PM.
Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1947528 - 07/30/14 08:03 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. Sound Tactic
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Originally Posted By: Sound Tactic
Originally Posted By: Norman Paperman
Countdown until this turns political and gets closed?

A) 10 more posts

B) 20 more posts

C) 60 more posts

D) 61 more posts

Well why not just hit notify instead of trolling? I don't think that this thread has turned political yet. We are discussing something of a political nature but no one has called out a person or party for being the problem.

While I appreciate you taking the high road and calling me a troll, my post was provided for comic relief. Although, perhaps this gets closed for "flaming" a fellow BOLer. laugh

CRCM

Return to Top
#1947537 - 07/30/14 08:10 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: buggs
Ed, the fix to the problem must come from politicians, but this is an issue of liberty, not party politics. If your guys refuse to look out for the greater good, you need to call them on it (that is, of course unless you agree it's not a party politics issue).

The have been on both sides of the isle and nothing changed (possibly for a good reason I do not think that the NSA will tell me why if I asked). The only outrage was when they found out that they were subject to the spying and even that blew over in a few days.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1947552 - 07/30/14 08:20 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i think it is telling that the bigger hue and cry was not that they were spying on americans, much less other country's leaders, but that a contract employee spilled the beans about what they were doing.

Return to Top
#1947616 - 07/30/14 10:26 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. HappyGilmore
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: HappyGilmore
i think it is telling that the bigger hue and cry was not that they were spying on americans, much less other country's leaders, but that a contract employee spilled the beans about what they were doing.

I think many Americans are more upset with spying on Americans than spying on Angela Merkel. The folks who seem to be the most upset with spying on our friends are the American companies who will feel the brunt of foreign actions to mitigate the risk. Brazil is setting up its own center of servers so that information about it and its citizens stays in Brazil instead of somewhere in the U.S. where NSA has built its backdoors.
Last edited by buggs; 07/30/14 10:26 PM.
Return to Top
#1947644 - 07/31/14 12:44 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
Carolina Blue Offline
Platinum Poster
Carolina Blue
Lost in a regulatory fog
I think the question is where are the checks and balances. Who is monitoring what the NSA is doing and is taking them to task for when they overstep their boundaries (if there are any at all).

This spying is eroding the not only the trust of citizens but foreign countries. As buggs noted many countries and foreign companies are now not working with American companies for fear of what's been installed in the equipment.

Return to Top
#1947733 - 07/31/14 02:39 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Sadly, the nation is to the point where it no longer matters what thinking Americans are upset and outraged about. It does not bode well when there are too few thinking Americans among the citizenry.

Return to Top
#1947744 - 07/31/14 02:48 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I disagree, noelekal. There are plenty of '...thinking Americans among the citizenry.' It's the railing against the system with no results that wears down the citizenry and leaves them believing that no one is listening and no change will come. And even if they can effect a change, as pointed out above, laws are struck down regularly enough that it's easy to feel that nothing you do will fix this or any other issue. So yes, people just live their lives hoping this won't adversely affect them directly.

Return to Top
#1947755 - 07/31/14 02:59 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I just want to know what the Kardashians are doing today.

Return to Top
#1947757 - 07/31/14 03:03 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
I think noelekal has a point; one scroll through the programming on MTV and his point is driven home with a sledgehammer.

Return to Top
#1947762 - 07/31/14 03:05 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
We could compel results out of the system. I "think" the reason we don't get results is because there is too little "thinking" going on in the populace. Ignorance, greed, and apathy has replaced "thinking." Liberty is neither valued nor understood, hence blatant spying for all.

Return to Top
#1947779 - 07/31/14 03:13 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. Pale Rider
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I just want to know what the Kardashians are doing today.

I THINK that the Kardasians are waring against someone that does not like the brand

Another thoughtful post laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1947785 - 07/31/14 03:21 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. noelekal
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: noelekal
We could compel results out of the system. I "think" the reason we don't get results is because there is too little "thinking" going on in the populace. Ignorance, greed, and apathy has replaced "thinking." Liberty is neither valued nor understood, hence blatant spying for all.

And I would add that too many of us let others do our thinking for us.
Last edited by buggs; 07/31/14 03:22 PM.
Return to Top
#1947796 - 07/31/14 03:35 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. noelekal
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder

pls shorten to 140 characters or less. thx

Return to Top
#1947801 - 07/31/14 03:41 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. Truffle Royale
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
I disagree, noelekal. There are plenty of '...thinking Americans among the citizenry.'

well, i think if i try hard enough, Brooke Burke really will leave her husband for me...hardly reaches the level of "thinking" that i believe be discussed...

Return to Top
#1947803 - 07/31/14 03:42 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
Originally Posted By: buggs

And I would add that too many of us let others do our thinking for us.

Not to mention the delusional nature that pervades our society.

Thought "delusion" got a mention in the old Joe Walsh tune but ... guess not.

Oh well ... illusion/delusion. It's all sorta the same thing and the lyrics could be said to apply.

Sometimes I can't help the feeling that I'm
Living a life of illusion
And oh, why can't we let it be
And see through the hole in this wall of confusion
I just can't help the feeling I'm

Pow! Right between the eyes
Oh, how nature loves her little surprises
Wow! It all seems so logical now
It's just one of her better disguises
And it comes with no warning
Nature loves her little surprises
Continual crisis

Hey, don't you know it's a waste of your day
Caught up in endless solutions
That have no meaning, just another hunch
Based upon jumping conclusions
Caught up in endless solutions
Backed up against a wall of confusion

Return to Top
#1947806 - 07/31/14 03:44 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I disagree, noelekal. There are plenty of '...thinking Americans among the citizenry.'

well, i think if i try hard enough, Brooke Burke really will leave her husband for me...hardly reaches the level of "thinking" that i believe be discussed...

If you can not afford the shopping of the current MsGlimore what make you THINK that you can keep up with brooks? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1947808 - 07/31/14 03:46 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. buggs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
perhaps we should say "critical thinkers." Of course, one could also argue that what is considered "thinking" today is not what it was just a few years ago. People see a blurb on social media extolling something, they agree with this blurb with no idea the validity of it, and consider that thinking.

Return to Top
#1947810 - 07/31/14 03:46 PM Re: Been awhile, but issue is still with us. edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: EdAudit

If you can not afford the shopping of the current MsGlimore what make you THINK that you can keep up with brooks? laugh

i think she will be bringing her money with her

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2