Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1950477 - 08/07/14 07:36 PM Job Advertising
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
When advertising for a position is the only "extra" thing to the description, qualification, etc. the statement "equal opportunity employer"? Just wanting to be sure we didn't leave anything out. We haven't advertised in the paper for some time and want to make sure we get it right.

Return to Top
Human Resources
#2131373 - 05/22/17 06:30 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
BUMP

Reviewing a job posting email. I cant find what disclosures are required to be in the email.

It currently states, "Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities"

I cant find what needs to be there. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to Top
#2131403 - 05/22/17 08:30 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
bump - I saw another thread where Randy posted a link to the DOL website but it was in 2013 and the link is no longer active. I searched the DOL website but could not find what I needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to Top
#2131972 - 05/25/17 06:44 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
bump buh bump bump

I didn't even know there was an HR thread until I started looking for this hahaha

Return to Top
#2131994 - 05/25/17 07:54 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
Monster Offline
Platinum Poster
Interested in this as well! Last time an ad came through me I only requested Equal Opportunity Employer but would love to know if I missed anything else for future advertisements....

Return to Top
#2132116 - 05/26/17 03:49 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hopefully we'll get an update. Thanks Gila!!

Return to Top
#2132290 - 05/30/17 12:42 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
Monster Offline
Platinum Poster
I was googling stuff in the interim and came across this nifty site - not sure if your bank pulls credit for employment applications but a lot of states are moving away from it.
http://www.ncsl.org/research/financial-s...egislation.aspx

Return to Top
#2132499 - 05/31/17 04:16 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Thank you Gila!

Return to Top
#2146936 - 09/20/17 10:05 PM Re: Job Advertising HR Banker
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
These best practices from the DOJ might be useful: https://www.justice.gov/crt/best-practices-online-job-postings

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry