Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1967431 - 10/07/14 01:29 PM Const/Perm - charge point on construction?
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
We have one location that is having a little runoff on our const/perm loans where they are going elsewhere for the permanent (from what they said, it's generally due to rates). So, they want to charge the customer a point when they do that and don't ultimately get the perm from us (add a point to the construction loan later after closing when you find out they are getting the perm elsewhere). I don't think we can do that after the fact (plus, how do you collect on that?).

But, could they charge the point on the construction loan, but then offer it as a credit back on the perm loan. Thoughts? If you think they can do this, do you put it as a credit in block 2 on the GFE for the perm?
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1967467 - 10/07/14 02:23 PM Re: Const/Perm - charge point on construction? CalifDreamin
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
What you can and cannot charge is a matter of your loan contract and State law.

Return to Top
#1967498 - 10/07/14 02:46 PM Re: Const/Perm - charge point on construction? CalifDreamin
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I don't think we can do that after the fact (plus, how do you collect on that?).

We had an addendum drawn up as part of our construction loan agreement that allows us to collect 1.5% of the outstanding balance if the permanent loan is taken elsewhere.

You need to be talking to your attorney, as we did, to make sure you have the proper legalese in the agreement if it's allowed under your state law.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z