Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#278957 - 11/23/04 05:56 PM Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#278958 - 11/23/04 07:45 PM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Sunrider Offline
100 Club
About time. I'd like to see a clean slate on all the networks with UNBIASED reporting of FACTS. I could care less about opinions. All we get these days via MSNBC, FOXNEWS, CNN, etc. is biased opinions from "learned" people. The public hears enough of these opinions and then starts believeing them as facts.

Dream a little dream with me......

Return to Top
#278959 - 11/23/04 08:01 PM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Anonymous
Unregistered

alot of these broadcasters think that they are untouchable but all they really do for a living is read out loud. i did that for free in 3rd grade.

Return to Top
#278960 - 11/24/04 12:14 AM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
Long, long, over due! Now if he will only go into retirement the subject of a scathing report for his zeal in broadcasting the false report using fake documents.

Return to Top
#278961 - 11/24/04 03:18 AM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Andy Rooney Blames Bias, 'Moneychangers' at CBS

Veteran "60 Minutes" commentator Andy Rooney blamed political bias at CBS, and the fact the news business has been taken over by people he called "moneychangers," for the network's decision to air forged documents on President Bush's National Guard service in September.

"I am very critical of some of the people at CBS who make it apparent what their political leanings are," Rooney said in a speech to Tufts University last week, in quotes picked up by RatherBiased.com. "That's what happened to this thing of Dan Rather's that got out," he explained. "There's no question they wanted to run it because it was negative towards Bush."

In the next breath Rooney complained that TV journalism "has been taken over" by "the moneychangers."

"I feel bad about the news business," Rooney said. "It has the prospects of being stronger than ever. There are good young people in the news business."

The CBS star said he was chagrined over reports that religious values played such a critical role in this year's election.

"I am an atheist," Rooney told Tufts. "I don't understand religion at all. I'm sure I'll offend a lot of people by saying this, but I think it's all nonsense."

He accused Christian fundamentalists of being ignorant, saying Christians turned to religion because of "a lack of education."

"They haven't been exposed to what the world has to offer," he explained.

Rooney also admitted to being mystified over how "men who work with their hands voted for George Bush."

"The labor force is conservative," he said. "How in the world did that happen?"

Return to Top
#278962 - 11/24/04 03:38 PM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

"I am an atheist," Rooney told Tufts. "I don't understand religion at all. I'm sure I'll offend a lot of people by saying this, but I think it's all nonsense."

This is so ironic coming from a man who has made his living spouting nonsense for 5 minutes every Sunday for the past 35 years.

Return to Top
#278963 - 11/24/04 05:34 PM Re: Dan Rather Stepping Down....
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I don't have a problem with the news media being biased. I have a problem with the media's denial of its bias.

Return to Top