BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#285646 - 12/08/04 08:52 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
We always go to Christmas Eve Candlelight services and then to Mom's for a light supper and then open presents with Mom and my sister and family. Then Christmas morning we open all our gifts at home. Then it's back to Mom's for Christmas dinner and a relaxing afternoon. The weekend after Christmas is always reserved for my in-laws. There are 6 siblings (and a host of cousins, etc) and it's just easier to get together that weekend). It's a fun time and we make a weekend of it with about 25-30 people. That way everyone gets to have Christmas at home with their own children since some still have little ones for Santa to visit.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#285647 - 12/08/04 08:59 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Holy kielbasa!!! I think that's the one! I'll have to print the menu & show it to my Mom. Wooohooo! Thanks!

Merry Christmas!

Return to Top
#285648 - 12/08/04 09:35 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
I go to my Father's on Christmas Eve and open gifts there. Christmas day is spent at my Mother's. When we were little we were allowed to open one gift on Christmas Eve. We would get up at the crack of dawn and open our stockings (my brother, sister and I) and then fall back to sleep on the floor with all the presents until my parents got up.

I miss those days.

Return to Top
#285649 - 12/08/04 10:58 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
The kapusta was canned about three weeks ago, Michael. It turned out fabulously. Babcia will cook extra Polish mushrooms to chop into it for Vigilia.

Oh, news flash! Madison actually has it's own Polish deli now! Real rye bread and krakoska and poppy seed studel...all the things I remember getting at the deli in Chicago after Mass every Sunday morning. But I'll bet my grandmother didn't have to pay $65/lb for Polish mushrooms! Good thing a little goes a long way.

We've been using Hillshire Farms kielbasa here for years. It's actually pretty good but I'll order some from Bobak after the new year just to make sure.

Return to Top
#285650 - 12/09/04 02:45 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
LOL BJP, at least you don't have to use many pounds of the polish mushrooms!

I can't believe that on BOL alone there are at least 3 of us that enjoy polish food and grew up so similarly with traditional polish fare.

Return to Top
#285651 - 12/09/04 05:11 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
PMH Offline
100 Club
Buffalo, NY
You said it Michael! My Mom was sooooo pleased last night when I showed her the menu from Bobak's! My brother wants to order the krupnik and the vodka, but knows they'll never ship it. Looks like we might have to do a road trip Thanks again!

Return to Top
#285652 - 12/09/04 05:30 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
PMH call them! You would be surprised what they will ship!

Return to Top
#285653 - 12/11/04 07:08 PM Re: X-mas Morning or Eve
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Between my wife and I, after church on Christmas Eve, with some egg nog of course! The rest of the two families on Christmas Day!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2