Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#357243 - 05/09/05 05:32 PM Eligible business for CTR exemption?
SLU Voice Offline
Gold Star
SLU Voice
Hammond, LA
I would like to submit an exemption from CTR filing, however, the business is a beer distributor. The distributor is locally owned, and not owned by the massive, publicly traded brewer. I checked the list of ineligible businesses, but could not find distributor of alcoholic beverages among them. Does anyone know if this type business was added later? Thank you, BOLers.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#357244 - 05/09/05 06:15 PM Re: Eligible business for CTR exemption?
TomS Offline
Gold Star
USA
My only question is, why would a beer distributor be dealing in large amounts of cash?

Return to Top
#357245 - 05/09/05 07:53 PM Re: Eligible business for CTR exemption?
SLU Voice Offline
Gold Star
SLU Voice
Hammond, LA
Having worked in that industry for a short period of time, and having two brothers-in-law who are long time employees in that industry, I can tell you that there are some customers with whom the distributor will only deal in cash. Certainly large chain groceries are billed, but (some) smaller groceries, convenience stores, bars, etc., especially those who have burned the distributor in the past are strictly cash customers. The driver is told that if they don't pay in cash up front, don't unload the product. Or sometimes, the salesman will make the collection in advance, but it will still be in cash.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z