Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#358415 - 05/11/05 08:27 PM CIP
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know most CIP policies require two types of I.D., one primary(photo I.D.) and one secondary. Does BSA reg. require two types of I.D.?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#358416 - 05/11/05 09:35 PM Re: CIP
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
The USA Patriot Act requires your bank to create a policy for CIP. This may include different identifications for different kinds of accounts and account openers. Whatever your bank decides it should do so from a risk-based prospective and verify the identity of the customer.

Return to Top
#358417 - 05/11/05 10:48 PM Re: CIP
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I would disagree that "most CIP policies require two types of I.D.". Most that I review require only 1. As Shemp pointed out, CIP requires you to create a policy that is risk-based. CIP requires you to verify enough info so that you are reasonably satisfied they are who they say they are."

You might want to review Q&A's 1-4 of the "31 C.F.R. § 103.121(b)(2)(ii) -- Customer verification" section of the new/revised CIP Q&A's. Also, review Q&A #2 of the section entitled "31 C.F.R. § 103.121(b)(3)(ii) – Retention of records".

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z