Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#427994 - 09/23/05 02:39 PM CRA Exam
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have an upcoming CRA Exam, (our first)and the regulator has requested a list of all census tracts and block numbering areas located within our assessment areas. We do I find this information? We are a new, small bank.

Return to Top
CRA
#427995 - 09/23/05 04:51 PM Re: CRA Exam
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
If you are using a CRA reporting software such as PCi's Wiz, you would be able to find this information there. Otherwise, you may have to utilize the Census Bureau's website, www.census.gov.

Return to Top
#427996 - 09/23/05 05:30 PM Re: CRA Exam
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
This information as well as a Map of your assessment area should be in your Public file.

If you need one please contact me

Return to Top
#427997 - 09/23/05 08:43 PM Re: CRA Exam
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you didn't have a list of tracts in your public file, here are the Census Tract maps - You just have to zoom in and find your area on the maps. The Census site is down right now, and this should take you to where you want to go.

Return to Top
#427998 - 09/23/05 09:52 PM Re: CRA Exam
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
As mentioned, if you don't have that list handy RIGHT NOW in your public file, you need to get to it ASAP. This is required information that should have been there day one. You might also look to the other items that could be missing in your CRA public file right away as well so you don't get caught with your shorts down when the examiner comes knocking

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#427999 - 09/23/05 10:01 PM Re: CRA Exam
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Companies like Don's and mine routinely develop color-coded assessment area maps for community banks. The maps would show the AA boundaries, major roads and towns and branch locations and tract identities and income class (by color). The cost is very inexpensive and would meet regulator expectations. It saves you a lot of time and aggravation.

Return to Top
#428000 - 09/23/05 10:07 PM Re: CRA Exam
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
You also might want to tell the examiner that we don't use bnas any more. It is so passe.

Return to Top
#428001 - 09/24/05 05:36 AM Re: CRA Exam
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

You also might want to tell the examiner that we don't use bnas any more. It is so passe.

Yes - definately very 80's (and 90's).....Like so five minutes ago.

Return to Top
#428002 - 09/24/05 11:19 PM Re: CRA Exam
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
As your lesson learned, you'll set up your list of MSAs and tracts that each branch serves and you'll keep it updated between exams. As Len noted, color coding the areas by income, race, loan penetration, etc. is a good way to convey data about what you are doing and with what demographics. These automated systems really cost justify themselves when you have a larger area and are expanding. The reports generated for loans and deposits based on your predefined areas is such a time saver over breaking out Excel and doing it yourself.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top