Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#562196 - 06/05/06 06:43 PM Phishing
PeterMcW Offline
New Poster
PeterMcW
Miami, Fl
If a "phishing" communication is received from a victim bank- Chase, B of A etc. can ( or should) the consumer report this to some authority? ...or to the bank's themselves- if to the banks- how does the consumer nagivate through their "contact" maze.

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#562197 - 06/05/06 07:07 PM Re: Phishing
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I know that some banks have an email address right on their website to send the message to. I believe they're usually under the 'contact us' sections, but the ones I've seen are specifically for fraud situations.
I've done it before (I've gotten several phishing emails myself), and have always gotten a same-day response confirming the receipt and then the a reiteration of the bank's policy if some information was compromised.

Otherwise, you could probably contact their 24 hr reps, if the bank is big enough, and get to the internet people to ask for the email address to forward it...

Return to Top
#562198 - 06/06/06 01:06 AM Re: Phishing
CO IT Guy Offline
New Poster
CO IT Guy
OK
Chase has an abuse@chase.com email address to report phishing to. Almost every company with an internet presence has an abuse@ email address. The abuse@ email address has become a standard for reporting abuse via email.

The Anti-Phishing Working Group has a prominent 'Report Phishing' button on their web site: http://www.antiphishing.org/.

MillerSmiles in the UK has an amazingly large archive of phishing reports. You can check out the archive and report new phishing emails at http://www.millersmiles.co.uk/.

Return to Top
#562199 - 06/09/06 10:57 PM Re: Phishing
Nicholas Offline
MA
Don't forget to attach the offending email including full headers if possible. The bank will use the link and header information to have the site taken down.

Return to Top
#562200 - 06/12/06 01:47 PM Re: Phishing
02bonne Offline
Platinum Poster
Our bank also set up something similiar with an email address for fraud notifications and put it a few places on our website. We also wrote official procedures to handle most types of fraud. While we have not been a victim of phishing or pharming, we have experienced other fraud and figure it's only a matter of time.

Return to Top
#562201 - 09/26/06 04:51 PM Re: Phishing
biz Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Bonne-or anyone else-would you be willing to share your phishing policy and or procedures? thanks

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z