Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#691295 - 02/22/07 05:32 PM Adverse Actions for Declined Deposit Accounts
Brandy Friesen, CRCM Offline
100 Club
Colorado
I am working on an audit for declined deposit accounts.I am trying to determine if bankers are giving the appropriate adverse action notices to individuals we decline to open an account for based on chexsystems information. We currently don't have the individual sign anything to show that they received the "Notice of Action".

Would anyone share how their bank is documenting a decline for a deposit product?

Does anyone out there have a audit interview questionaire for this purpose they would be willing to share or know where I might find one?

Thank you in advance for any response!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#691417 - 02/22/07 07:03 PM Re: Adverse Actions for Declined Deposit Accounts Brandy Friesen, CRCM
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
As the Bank's compliance officer, I have branch staff send me a copy of the print out of the Chexsystems negative report and attached to it is a copy of the declination letter. As an auditor, you can just ask for proof such as that and/or proof that deposit accounts are receiving decline notices, it isn't the function of an auditor to tell the appropriate staff how to do something, just that it's done.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett