Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#704125 - 03/21/07 03:10 PM Facsimile signatures
moonpie Offline
St. Louis, MO
Does anyone here use a Resolution of Authority for a facsimile signature? We have a customer who is ill and unable to sign her name and wants to use a facsimile signature. I would feel more comfortable if we had a resolution that would release the bank from any liability if the facsimile signature was misused. I will appreciate any ideas or sharing of documents.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#704536 - 03/21/07 07:49 PM Re: Facsimile signatures moonpie
bigfish Offline
trolling for the big one
If your items are signed using any facsimile signature, you acknowledge that (1) its use is solely for your benefit and convenience, and (2) any such signature will be effective as an authorized original signature on any and all items presented against your accounts regardless of whether or not the person affixing it was authorized to do so.

Return to Top
#704664 - 03/21/07 08:55 PM Re: Facsimile signatures bigfish
moonpie Offline
St. Louis, MO
Bigfish, thank you for your input. I was able to put together a resolution that will work for the bank and the customer.

Return to Top
#704783 - 03/22/07 04:17 AM Re: Facsimile signatures moonpie
RayLynch Offline
Platinum Poster
RayLynch
You should review your Account Disclosure Statement to see if it contains a statement about the use of facsimile signatures. It is common for banks to include hold harmless language concerning the use of facsimile signatures in their disclosure statement. If your bank doesn't have any such language in its disclosure statement, then you should consider adding such language the next time you update your disclosure statement.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett