Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#706610 - 03/26/07 04:59 PM Reg. CC & Savings Accounts
Keito107 Offline
New Poster
Maine
Are check deposits into a savings account subject to the $100 1st day availability rule? I was under the impression that this rule only applied to transactional accounts (such as a demand deposits) but I am getting mixed messages from another manager.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#706621 - 03/26/07 05:12 PM Re: Reg. CC & Savings Accounts Keito107
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Reg CC applies only to transaction accounts unless you have specified otherwise in your policy. Read your Reg CC disclosure to see what you are telling your customers.

Return to Top
#706640 - 03/26/07 05:39 PM Re: Reg. CC & Savings Accounts BrendaC
Tocomply Offline
Platinum Poster
We offer a money market savings account where you can also write a check. Is this subject to Reg. CC?

Return to Top
#706646 - 03/26/07 05:55 PM Re: Reg. CC & Savings Accounts Tocomply
KerryG Offline
100 Club
WI
Transaction account is defined as:
A checking or similar account from which transfers can be made to third parties. Demand-deposit accounts, negotiable order of withdrawal (NOW) accounts, automatic transfer service (ATS) accounts, and credit union share draft accounts are examples of transaction accounts at banks and other depository institutions.

I believe that a money market is clasified as a savings account, not a transaction account.

But in either case, our bank applies the same rules across the board for both savings and checking. It makes life much easier for our tellers. But no, savings are not subject to Reg CC or the first $100 rule (unless, as BrendaC said, your policy states otherwise).

Return to Top
#706674 - 03/26/07 06:32 PM Re: Reg. CC & Savings Accounts KerryG
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett