Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#28471 - 08/20/02 03:28 PM Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Would someone please share the verbiage from your lobby notices stating that safedeposit boxes are not FDIC insured?
Did you create the notices yourselves or purchase from an outside vendor? We are wanting to make these signs inhouse to cut expenses.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#28472 - 08/20/02 03:44 PM Re: Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
Tberry Offline
Tberry
Kansas
The contents of your safe deposit box are not insured against loss by this financial institution or the FDIC. For your protection you may wish to obtain your own box content insurance from an insurance company of your own choice.

Return to Top
#28473 - 08/20/02 04:07 PM Re: Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
DebNP Offline
100 Club
DebNP
Eastern PA and NJ
You may want to also check your state specific regulations in regards to any additional required safe deposit signage. State statutes, regulations and case law can vary widely among states, with some having many requirements and other states having little or no requirements. State law could, for example, require you to post a sign in the case of joint ownership, if inventory is required upon death of one of the owners.

Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer.

Return to Top
#28474 - 08/20/02 06:07 PM Re: Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
OK - This one must have slipped past me. Is this an actual requirement?

Return to Top
#28475 - 08/20/02 08:09 PM Re: Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
No, it isn't. But there appears to be enough controversy that signage to this effect may be warranted. I had folks tell me that in a class they attended it was suggested because of 9-11. Some banks suffered in that and customers wanted compensation for the destruction of the contents, since the bank is FDIC insured.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#28476 - 08/20/02 08:13 PM Re: Non-FDIC insured signage for Safedeposit boxes
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
Thanks for the info.....

Return to Top