Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#392823 - 07/28/05 03:45 PM I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got to stay anon. because of the delicate nature of this post.

We switched are Internet Banking to ITI's system 3-months ago. It has not gone well. Customer's miss our old system (S-1). They find ITI's Internet Banking product confusing, cumbersome, etc., etc., etc.
1. Has anyone had similar experience?
2. Do you know if there is any upcoming changes to make the ITI system more user-friendly? (that's putting it mildly)
3. Originally we thought some of our customers weren't tech-savvy enough for the product, but based on the volume of compliants are receiving we are wondering if we purchased a ..... (begins with a "l", ends in an "n" and is five letters in length).

All response are appreciated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#392824 - 07/28/05 03:52 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
Basically it's a canned product with no salt or seasonings.

Return to Top
#392825 - 07/28/05 03:58 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
By ITI's product, do you mean the eSolutions product that is maintained by Fiserv? That's the only Internet Banking product that I'm aware of, but I guess that's only because that's the one we use. We've never had any complaints about our internet banking product, and I personally find it very user friendly, so I'm surprised you're getting complaints. Keep in mind though that customers don't like change ever, and it could just be that they're not used to it yet. What sort of complaints are they making?

How do you feel about it? Do you find it cumbersome and difficult to use? And if so, what specifically do you find difficult about it?

Sorry for answering your questions with so many questions. I'm just trying to get a feel for what people find confusing about it. I haven't heard of any plans for improvement from ITI regarding it. I did call the eSolutions support a few months back to find out if they ever planned to support the Opera or Mozilla browsers(I'm an Opera user at home, and our Bank's Internet Banking site is not usable at all in Opera - the buttons needed to perform any kind of transaction do not load at all in Opera), and at that time the person I spoke to said she didn't know of any plan to upgrade compatibility.

Return to Top
#392826 - 07/28/05 04:40 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Original poster (whiner on behalf of whiners....)
Our consumer Inetrnet banking product is called "E-Com" and the business version is "E-corp". Does anyone recognize this product name? We got it from ITI.

Return to Top
#392827 - 07/28/05 04:47 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
ABrown Offline
Gold Star
Texas
We use the E-Com and E-Corp version thru Fiserv, but we are not ITI - we are on customerfile. No issues here with the product itself... Our customers really like it.

Return to Top
#392828 - 07/28/05 08:57 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
We also use E-com and E-corp and our customer's have not complained but we didn't swich to it we have been using it from the beginning.
I think it is just a change and adjustment period for the most part, hopefully once they get used to it, things will go more smoothly. How long have you been using the system?

Return to Top
#392829 - 07/28/05 09:16 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

My previouse bank used ecom and ecorp from inception. We really liked it, and I still use it as a consumer and like it. Am guessing more of your problem relate to the mere fact that it was a change. What specific issues our your customers having.... other than the fact that it looks different?

Return to Top
#392830 - 07/28/05 09:53 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
We were with S1 and then moved to E-Com and E-Corp. We've had no problems or complaints since we moved. Our customers also love the ability to bring up copies of their checks and the fact that their transfers are "live".

On our side, since we've brought bill payments in house, we've had less problems. We're also able to research and be more proactive on outstanding bill pay items.

I'm curious as to what problems your customers are having as well. True, it's not as 'glossy' looking as the S1 product but the user functions are better in my opinion.

Return to Top
#392831 - 07/29/05 09:22 AM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
VT Banker Offline
VT, USA
We are an ITI bank and use both ecom and ecorp. We researched S-1 and liked the way it looked but chose the ITI products because of the integration. Our customers love the product and only complaints are the different browsers. There is an upgrade for ecom that has been released to address some of these issues (browsers). The ecorp product is one of the best out there. Our business customers love this product mainly because of all the security levels that can be applied.

I have to agree with other posters; it's the change from the S-1 design.

Return to Top
#392832 - 07/29/05 04:18 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

We, too, use e-com & e-corp, from the time we added internet banking. I do agree that some features are a little cumbersome, but haven't had much complaining from our customers. I, too, think it's just the change that's bothering them. Give them time and they'll get used to it.

Return to Top
#392833 - 08/16/05 02:43 AM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would generally agree with the previous posters that a significant percentage of your customers complaints are driven by the nature of change itself and not your new system.

You might want to look to measures such as your new enrollment rates, average monthly logins, transfer and bill payment transaction rates to get a better picture of how the system switch is impacting your online service.

Having said the above, our research has shown that the eCom solutions are behind the market in feature functionality and other aspects that are important to running an aggressive online channel. If your bank is not trying to keep up with the top banks online, it's probably fine and you're safe with the "they'll get used to it" advice.

Return to Top
#392834 - 09/01/05 02:34 PM Re: I hate to complain, but.....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting discussion. We are currently looking at switching to ecom and ecorp from S-1. The real benefit we want it the real-time access. By switching, did you go to real time? How did customers react to that?

Return to Top