Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#413069 - 08/24/05 03:29 PM Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
Compliance Gal Offline
Washington State
I am trying to find out if any of you have procedures for documenting the identifying information obtained when opening account for a new customer that include documenting the issue date and expiration date of the ID obtained. It appears that the requirements include documenting this information "if any". Our loan system is set up to ask for this information, however, our deposit system is not and I am trying to determine what others are collecting.

Thanks,

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#413070 - 08/24/05 04:04 PM Re: Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Although our system is set up for both issue date and expiration date, we document the expiration date and the date the ID was verified (along with the identifying number, of course). This is directly entered into our system at the time of account opening and it is housed as a permanent record (info. can never be purged/deleted...you can only add a new record if info. needs to be updated for some reason).

Return to Top
#413071 - 08/24/05 04:36 PM Re: Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
I believe the law REQUIRES you to collect, record and retain the issue date and expiration date of the identification, if the identification has those elements. For example, NYS driver license has both an issue and expiration date, therefore you are REQUIRED to collect/record/retain that information. A credit card typically does not have an issue date, only an expiration date, therefore, if the particualr credit card only has an expiration date, you are REQUIRED to collect/record/retain that information.

Return to Top
#413072 - 08/24/05 05:07 PM Re: Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
I would agree with happyauditor. However, our 150 branches are located in TX and CA. Since neither DLs have an "issue date", that info. is not recorded. Although rare, if we are presented with an out of state DL that has an issue date, then it is recorded into our system.

Return to Top
#413073 - 08/24/05 05:19 PM Re: Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Logically if the element does not exist, no requirement...if it exists, you are required to record/retain.

Return to Top
#413074 - 08/25/05 02:42 PM Re: Documenting issue date and expiration date for CIP
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
FYI - the California driver license does have an issue date. It's on the bottom of the DL below the signature.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z