Skip to content

FR U-1 Form Required for Marketable Securities?

Answered by: 

Is an FR U-1 form required if a loan secured by marketable securities is EQUAL to $100,000?

Per Reg U:

(c) Purpose statement: (1) General rule:(i) Banks. Except for credit extended under paragraph (c)(2) of this section, whenever a bank extends credit secured directly or indirectly by any margin stock, in an amount exceeding $100,000, the bank shall require its customer to execute Form FR-1 (OMB No. 7100-0115), which shall be signed and accepted by a duly authorized officer of the bank acting in good faith.

First published on 11/05/12

First published on 11/05/2012

Filed under: 
Filed under compliance as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics