Skip to content

Residential Home Improvement-Address to Report

Answered by: 

Commercial customer is using one residential investment property as collateral to do improvements to another residential investment property. Is this HMDA reportable? if so, which address do I report; and is the purpose "home improvement"?

From 1003.2

(i) Home improvement loan means a closed-end mortgage loan or an open-end line of credit that is for the purpose, in whole or in part, of repairing, rehabilitating, remodeling, or improving a dwelling or the real property on which the dwelling is located.

(d) Closed-end mortgage loan means an extension of credit that is secured by a lien on a dwelling and that is not an open-end line of credit under paragraph (o) of this section.

(o) Open-end line of credit means an extension of credit that:

(1) Is secured by a lien on a dwelling; and

(2) Is an open-end credit plan as defined in Regulation Z, 12 CFR 1026.2(a)(20), but without regard to whether the credit is consumer credit, as defined in § 1026.2(a)(12), is extended by a creditor, as defined in § 1026.2(a)(17), or is extended to a consumer, as defined in § 1026.2(a)(11).

From 1003.4

(9) The following information about the location of the property securing the covered loan or, in the case of an application, proposed to secure the covered loan:

First published on 04/29/2018

Filed under: 
Filed under lending as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics