How to add predictive analytics into your risk program. Risk reports are often limited to historical insights and issues and do not provide guidance and insights into the future of the organization. Adding predictive analytics can allow your organization to detect emerging risks and create mitigation plans. This can be achieved by combining internal and external key risk indicators (KRIs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) with regulatory intelligence. This ensures that risk reports can detect more issues and highlight areas of concern. Click here to learn more.
FDIC Supervisory Highlights
The June 2019 issue of the FDIC's Consumer Compliance Supervisory Highlights includes a section with "Resources & Information for Financial Institutions" and an appendix of "Most Frequently Cited Violations and Enforcement Actions" to support supervised institutions' efforts to manage consumer compliance responsibilities effectively. In a section devoted to issues identified in examinations during 2018, the report lists:
- Overdraft Programs: Debit Card Holds and Transaction Processing
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) Section 8 Violations
- Regulation E – Mistakes Made in the Consumer Liability/Error Resolution Process
- Skip-A-Payment Loan Programs
- Lines of Credit – Finance Charge Calculation and Disclosure