How to gain more from operational risk management practices.
Modern risk management technology solutions improve efficiency and provide greater visibility into risks. Today’s tools provide real-time visibility, action plans, enhanced reporting and business intelligence, and proactive notifications for operational risk. Real-time data empowers banks and financial services organizations to proactively manage risks and instantly detect and mitigate emerging issues. Click here to learn more.
FDIC updates exam manual
The FDIC has released its April 2020 updates to its Consumer Compliance Examination Manual. The following sections were updated:
- Pre-Examination Planning (II-4.1): Updated to incorporate changes to the process.
- Pre-Examination Information Packet Template (III-1.1): Changes to the Pre-Examination Planning process have been reflected in the Template.
- Truth in Lending Act (V-1.1): Updated to reflect annual threshold changes. The escrow exemption and the appraisal exemption thresholds for higher priced mortgages and the credit card penalty fee safe harbor amount were increased.
- Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (V-9.1): Updated to reflect updated loan volume thresholds. The asset size exemption thresholds were also updated.
- Consumer Leasing Act (V-10.1): The exemption threshold for consumer credit and lease transactions were increased.
- Community Reinvestment Act (XI-1.1): Asset-based definitions for Small Banks and Intermediate Small Banks were updated.