Skip to content

PUPID Wire Transfer

Answered by: 

Have you heard of a financial institution requiring the beneficiary of a PUPID wire transfer (a non-customer) to complete a form W9 (Request for TIN and Certification) or W8-BEN. I understand the necessity of positively identifying the recipient of the funds but the use of this form seems unusual? I’ve done a little research and cannot find any other references or guidance recommending this. Am I missing something?

The Internal Revenue code, not BSA, requires the execution of the W-9 or the W8-BEN in appropriate circumstances. The form is simply irrelevant to wire transfers.

First published on 11/27/06

First published on 11/27/2006

Filed under: 
Filed under operations as: 

Banker Store View All

From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:

Banker Store

hot right now

image description

Looking for effective, convenient training on a particular subject?

BOL Learning Connect offers more than 200 courses ON-DEMAND or on CD ROM from AML to Reg Z and every topic in between.

Search Topics