Thread Options
#1121380 - 02/02/09 09:04 PM Re: Octuplets #Just Jay
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
Originally Posted By: Bonnie M
What these people needed was some real debt and emotional counseling to figure out how to work out their situation.

Root hog, or die.

That's about it. My fear is that we will likely see more such stories.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/137427.php

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1121399 - 02/02/09 09:16 PM Re: Octuplets Princess Romeo
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Narcissistic Tripe.

Return to Top
#1121414 - 02/02/09 09:27 PM Re: Octuplets Blade Scrapper
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Originally Posted By: The Phil Zone
Narcissistic Tripe.

confused

What's narcissistic about mourning the loss of those children?

Maybe I'm in the minority here to express sorrow about the murder of children after they're born?

Return to Top
#1121428 - 02/02/09 09:38 PM Re: Octuplets Princess Romeo
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
I have a great deal of sorrow and sympathy for the children and those who loved them. I, unlike many, have zero sympathy for their murderer.

Return to Top
#1121431 - 02/02/09 09:38 PM Re: Octuplets Princess Romeo
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Bonnie, I think the difference is that not all of us would put the blame for the death of these children on their parents' former employer.

Return to Top
#1121472 - 02/02/09 10:09 PM Re: Octuplets hmdagal
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Wouldn't this just be an extreme case of "selective reduction"?

Return to Top
#1121480 - 02/02/09 10:16 PM Re: Octuplets Princess Romeo
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: The Phil Zone
Narcissistic Tripe.

confused

What's narcissistic about mourning the loss of those children?

Maybe I'm in the minority here to express sorrow about the murder of children after they're born?

You pull an abortion argument in a thread like this????

Return to Top
#1121505 - 02/02/09 10:42 PM Re: Octuplets MB Guy
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Losing your job doesn't give you the right to murder your children. Work 2-3 jobs, go on welfare/food stamps, or even give your kids to the state if necessary...there are lots of options besides murder.

Now back to the crazy lady with the 14 kids...

This woman is wrong on so many levels it isn't funny. IMO she shouldn't be allowed to have anymore kids if she can't support them herself.

Then some looney doctor turns this woman into an incubator with 8 embryos. Since she's already out of her mind, she decides to have them all.

Now we the people have more kids to support. Let's not forget about all of the other services we're going to foot the bill for down the line because this woman has to many kids to actually be a decent parent to any of them!

Return to Top
#1121564 - 02/03/09 01:43 AM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
First, I stand corrected, Bonnie. I can't pull the article you linked back up but my own research shows it was one house. Probably two mortgages including the one that paid for the huge master suite and kitchen remodel including industrial refrigerator that they did in the last two years.

Lupoe and his wife had jobs that paid $40/hr, according to the same paper you linked. They claimed they couldn't afford child care so they lied that they only made $10/hr so they'd qualify for state supported child care. And we're supposed to feel sorry for them because why?

Of course we're all shocked that he killed his kids too. I find suicide totally unforgiveable but murdering your kids too? That's beyond wrong.

Back to the octuplets...I think everything's been pretty much said. The State of California has eight more mouths to feed and some doctor just got his name in a medical magazine somewhere. A media circus amid controversy instead of the joyous welcoming new lives should get.

Return to Top
#1121573 - 02/03/09 03:31 AM Re: Octuplets Princess Romeo
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
I'm going to be really snarky about Kaiser since they are the folks handling this case. Maybe they figured that since they elimiated 5 kids from the world, Kaiser had fired parents of murder suicide family
there is only a net gain of 3.

I am having a very difficult time sorting this out. All kinds of money was/is being spent to bring these 8 babies into the world and while another family with 5 kids was tossed aside like a used lottery ticket.

What the heck is wrong with you? Kaiser didn't kill those kids - their father did. Their father says a (thus far) nameless administrator said something mean to him. So he killed his family. The hospital says nothing of the kind was said to him. So you choose to believe...the murderer. Perfect.

Return to Top
#1121741 - 02/03/09 04:00 PM Re: Octuplets Jokerman
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:
What the heck is wrong with you? Kaiser didn't kill those kids - their father did. Their father says a (thus far) nameless administrator said something mean to him. So he killed his family. The hospital says nothing of the kind was said to him. So you choose to believe...the murderer. Perfect.
These are the same type of people that call Mumia Abu-Jamal a political prisoner instead of a cop-killer.

Return to Top
#1121766 - 02/03/09 04:21 PM Re: Octuplets Blade Scrapper
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
this lady will need her own section in the stimulus and recovery bill now being made into sausage in Washington.....

Return to Top
#1121789 - 02/03/09 04:50 PM Re: Octuplets Pale Rider
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
No she won't, she'll just sell her story for a few million bucks. Of course I don't know how far that will really go with 14 kids. crazy

Return to Top
#1121791 - 02/03/09 04:53 PM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Offers are flying in for her to tell her story. HOW SICK!

We have become such a sensationalized society that we want to know about things like this that are just - SICK - only word I can use to describe it.

::stepping off of soap box blush ::

Return to Top
#1121808 - 02/03/09 05:06 PM Re: Octuplets Snow Bunny
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
she put out that she will sell it for $2mm, and some poor schmuck will pay it, and even more stupid people will watch/read it. Just like people are hooked on Big Medicine, Little Big World, John and Kate plus 8, and the rest of the shows that glorify these people, they'll be hooked on this buffoon as well...

Return to Top
#1121810 - 02/03/09 05:07 PM Re: Octuplets HappyGilmore
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: rotaredoM
...John and Kate plus 8, ...

Don't be knockin' Pale's favorite show.

Return to Top
#1122018 - 02/03/09 08:00 PM Re: Octuplets #Just Jay
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I think there is a big difference between this woman and John & Kate. John & Kate both had careers, owned a home and made a decision to go through ivf for another child. They are not on any type of public assistance and have dealth with what was handed to them.

This woman has no job, no home, no father figure for 6 kids, and decides that it's ok to have 8 more. She was already on public assistance for her other kids and is now holding her hand out for the big payday.

Return to Top
#1122041 - 02/03/09 08:07 PM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
John and Kate, The Duggars, et al are all pimping themselves out... no one does it for free... while the situations to get there are different, and perhaps better on some levels, they too are using the media to help finance their day to day expenses, and or long term financial planning.

Just because they appear to be clean and aneat and orderly, makes them no better than this gal.

Return to Top
#1122043 - 02/03/09 08:08 PM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
I think there is a big difference between this woman and John & Kate. John & Kate both had careers, owned a home and made a decision to go through ivf for another child. They are not on any type of public assistance and have dealth with what was handed to them.

This woman has no job, no home, no father figure for 6 kids, and decides that it's ok to have 8 more. She was already on public assistance for her other kids and is now holding her hand out for the big payday.

I think you missed my point

Quote:
she put out that she will sell it for $2mm, and some poor schmuck will pay it, and even more stupid people will watch/read it. Just like people are hooked on Big Medicine, Little Big World, John and Kate plus 8, and the rest of the shows that glorify these people, they'll be hooked on this buffoon as well...

if people don't tune in, no one will pay...

Return to Top
#1122077 - 02/03/09 08:25 PM Re: Octuplets HappyGilmore
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I still think there is a difference. I don't recall seeing The Duggars or John & Kate actively shopping around for someone to buy their stories. TLC offered them shows and I think the reason that their shows are successful is because people are interested in their characters as well as their sitations.

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think that people are going to be interested in this woman or her character as everything comes out. She's turned herself into a baby making factory with no real plans and no means to support them.

Return to Top
#1122135 - 02/03/09 09:05 PM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I can't believe that she thinks $2mil will carry her for the next 20 years. If they give her $2mil, after taxes, she'll net maybe $1mil. For that to last 20 years, (no interest) that's $50,000/yr. $50,000 divided by 15 (mom + 14 kids) = $3300/pp/yr. That won't even pay for a semester of meal plan at most colleges.

You have to feel sorry for the kids frown

Return to Top
#1122213 - 02/03/09 09:52 PM Re: Octuplets Snow Bunny
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Of course she thinks that will last her 20 years, she also thinks it's ok to have 14 kids by herself!

I do feel very sorry for those kids, even if she manages to get some money, none of those kids are going to have a full time parent or a decent relationship with her.

Return to Top
#1122218 - 02/03/09 09:55 PM Re: Octuplets Sing A Little
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
with 14 kids, you can rest assured she doesn't pay taxes...

Return to Top
#1122323 - 02/04/09 12:22 AM Re: Octuplets HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
With regard to 'pimiping oneself out', give me Jon & Kate over any of the bug eating self-degrading reality shows any day. They're just talking about their life vs whatever is passing for normal these days.

Undoutedly someone will shell out the dough and this woman will think she's going to get more than her 15 minutes of fame. But these babies are not out of the woods yet. Large multiple births compromise the health of the babies. One of the last batches of sextuplets left two of the babies handicapped.

The discussions will end and the spotlight will turn to someone else and this dingbat woman will be left with 14 children and no visable means of support. Just great.

Return to Top
#1122405 - 02/04/09 01:58 PM Re: Octuplets Truffle Royale
A_G Offline
10K Club
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

Full story

snip - Suleman retained Los Angeles publicists Michael Furtney and Joann Killeen on Friday and since then, the agents said they had fielded dozens of interview requests and offers for book, film and television deals. Some media reports have speculated that Suleman might be paid as much as $2 million for an interview, but Furtney said, "The money itself is not the object.
Last edited by AuditGuy; 02/04/09 01:59 PM.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12