Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1447454 - 09/23/10 04:55 PM When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
I know that the CRA Guide says, "Loans for which the institution did not collect revenue information may not be included in the loans to businesses and farms with gross annual revenues of $1 million or less when reporting this data."

We do not require or consider revenues for commercial loans $25,000 and under. However, sometimes, when the loan officer is completing the application, the customer will provide gross revenues and they will enter it. Our applications are electronic and are not in the file. It is not considered in the credit decision. So, do we put Unknown, even if we know it but it is not considered?

Also, we sometimes make a loan under $25,000 where the income is not considered to a borrower that has other larger loans on the books. So we may have a tax return in the file, but it is not considered in the credit decision for the small loan. Do we still use Unknown?

Return to Top
CRA
#1447459 - 09/23/10 04:56 PM Re: When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered JUST CALL ME CRA
JUST CALL ME CRA Offline
100 Club
SOMEWHERE
When I say that the revenue is not considered, I mean that the underwriter does not even see that amount.

Return to Top
#1447478 - 09/23/10 05:07 PM Re: When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered JUST CALL ME CRA
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
If you have gross revenue/sales number, include it. It benefits the bank. You are demonstrating that you are servicing businesses that have sales of $1MM and less. So, when you know it, include it.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1447554 - 09/23/10 06:01 PM Re: When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered Kathleen O. Blanchard
Rie A Offline
Platinum Poster
Rie A
Maryland
I agree, if you don't have it AND you did not consider it in the credit decision, you can code it as a 3, unknown.

However, if you have it in file (or maybe another credit file) I would recommend using it as you only get credit for an income code of 1, not for 3. I have done this often.

Return to Top
#1447852 - 09/24/10 01:04 PM Re: When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered Rie A
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
What would you do in the situation of stated revenues? Similarly, we do not collect/verify revenues/sales on Commercial Loans less than $25,000. If the lender ask the borrower, "What are your stated revenues?", can we use that figure to assign a revenue category? The revenues are not unknown (3), we just don't obtain documentation to support the revenues.

Return to Top
#1448064 - 09/24/10 04:33 PM Re: When Revenue is Not Requested/Considered Tennismom
Lost in Space Offline
Lost in Space
o Loco Loco
§ll.42(a)(4)—4 ... "The CRA regulations similarly do not require institutions to verify revenue amounts; thus, institutions may rely on the gross annual revenue amount provided by borrowers in the ordinary course of business."
Last edited by CS Creek; 09/24/10 04:34 PM.
Return to Top