Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1459818 - 10/26/10 09:22 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Queen Mum
William J. Ludwig Offline
100 Club
William J. Ludwig
New York, New York USA
Ok - A little more history. Bankinfo.com was a separate website from The Money Page. Mary Beth ran it before she created BOL.

Here's an interview she did on identity theft many moons ago.

http://www.identitytheft.org/bankinv.htm

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1459830 - 10/26/10 09:58 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL William J. Ludwig
Comply 101 Offline
Platinum Poster
Comply 101
Happy 10th Anniversary from member no 267. Thanks for all your help throughout the years especially early on. Thanks to Lucy Griffin for helping me find this wonderful tool at ACB compliance school many years ago.

Return to Top
#1459841 - 10/26/10 11:13 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Comply 101
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
In June 2003, I had a question and a very wise compliance officer told me a secret - "go to www.bankersonline.com" they know everything.

It's true - that was the best advice I ever got. Thanks Jeff.

Return to Top
#1459852 - 10/27/10 12:32 AM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL William J. Ludwig
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
It has been a wonderful 10 years, full of amazing firsts. It has been a thrill to see the site become a hub for a close knit community of bankers striving to do their jobs and serve their communities during some incredibly challenging times.

I have had the good fortune to meet many of you in person. Many of the rest of you feel like personal friends because I have come to know you online.

I am so glad someone mentioned thanking the vendors. Often, people will ask how we are able to make the site available at no cost to the users. It's possible, in part, due to the support of the vendors you see advertising on the site. We urge you to think of them first when you have a product or service need. And don't forget to tell them you appreciate their supoprt of BankersOnline.

Bankersonline -- the place where thousands of questions have been asked and answered. Information, camaraderie, peace of mind, and a dash of humor added in.

Thank you, Bill, for kicking off this salute. We share your warm memories and thank all of you for making the site what it is today.

The BOL Gurus have been an essential ingredient in the site's success as well. These experts devote their time and expertise to help enlighten and inform. They are an incredible bunch of individuals and we are very grateful for their efforts.

The moderators work tirelessly to try to keep order on the cyberfrontier. You might be shocked to see some of the posts that surface -- hideous discussion board spam with large doses of raunch added in. Their actions may spark a dissent occasionally, but the moderators help keep the site from being on many a bank's banned list by exercising necessary discretion. We don't have enough mouse fingers and eyeballs to police it all with staff alone. The mods perform a vital service.

To those of you who, over the years, have made suggestions, provided feedback, offered up corrections, we love it! To those of you who developed cheat sheets, charts, spreadsheets, signs, and donated them for posting in Banker Tools, you ROCK! To those of you who patiently provide guidance and insight through frequent postings on the Threads, we applaud you, and we learn from you every day. Kudos to those who have contributed Banker Humor and ideas for eCards. Many of you feel a sense of pride in BankersOnline because you kinow you have helped shape the site with your ideas and contributions.

On behalf of the BankersOnline staff -- THANK YOU! It's been amazing!

Mary Beth
Carin ("CC")
Michele
George
Andy
John
Sam
Patricia
Brenda
Cindy
Tobi
Chad
Kelly
Last edited by Mary Beth Guard; 10/27/10 12:49 AM.
Return to Top
#1459859 - 10/27/10 02:17 AM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Mary Beth Guard
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Congratulations as well from #75. I was a little slow switching. For some reason I signed up on December 27, 2000. Must have been a slow day at work or was on my to do list before year end!
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1460311 - 10/27/10 07:12 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL edAudit
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
#156 here, I had no idea that I was that early in the process. I do remember realizing very quickly how fabulous this site was. Thank you to all the BOL crew, gurus and members that helped me through the years.

Return to Top
#1460353 - 10/27/10 07:43 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL edAudit
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Had to go find my # too: #757 smile

Return to Top
#1460355 - 10/27/10 07:48 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL QCL
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I'm #1083 - and only 4 months behind QCL. Must have been a lot of people registering during 2002.

Return to Top
#1460382 - 10/27/10 08:04 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Skittles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I thought I registered in 1902.

Return to Top
#1460390 - 10/27/10 08:11 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Skittles
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
#2154 here. I registered on 9/19/03 and can safely say that BOL is one key ingredient to the simply fact that I am still in my career field.

My banking career began on 1/4/01, but I began working in Fraud just before I registered.

I, too, have had the privilege of meeting several BOLers, whether through conferences, luncheons at the Guard residence or on rollercoasters in Texas. What a quality group of people!!

Return to Top
#1461148 - 10/28/10 10:42 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Pup
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Happy Anniversary!

Return to Top
#1461158 - 10/28/10 11:40 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Pale Rider
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By: Pale
I thought I registered in 1902.

^^^^ remembers the Y1K panic wink

Happy Birthday BOL! The value of this site and its founders, gurus, contributors and vendors is second to none!

Return to Top
#1462198 - 11/01/10 08:26 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL califgirl
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Hi all, and congratulations to BOL. I'm too busy being retired to check in very often, but very glad I did now to be part of this occassion.

Congrats to Mary Beth, the guru's, and the great users.

Lois

Return to Top
#1462925 - 11/03/10 01:56 AM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL Pup
SoCalGal Offline
Long Beach, CA
I agree, I can't imagine beginning and staying in Compliance, and now BSA, without BOL! Even though I have been in banking since 1982, I have learned more simply by reading the threads; the great questions that I wouldn't have even known to ask and the responses full of knowledge and experience, than I could possibly have imagined!

A huge Thank You to the whole BOL family!

I LOVE BOL! (and have buttons that say so to prove it!)

(Member #1312)
Registered On: 12/04/02 06:46 PM

Return to Top
#1463398 - 11/03/10 08:02 PM Re: Happy 10th Anniversary BOL SoCalGal
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
Thank you, Mary Beth...

#12 (not Tom Brady).

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3