Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#150686 - 01/16/04 08:23 AM Customers' safe boxes
Simon Offline
FRANCE

Hi friends ,
I'm a new member in the forum , and I'm auditing our customers' safe boxes , this subject have never being previuosly audited . Unfortunatelly ,there is no procedures related to this topic and I'm really embarressed , so can anyone help me .

Thanks a lot .

Return to Top
Audit
#150687 - 01/16/04 12:53 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
First-Its difficult to imagine a banker needing help on a subject as basic as this. Especially one that has indicated no profile what so ever, and does not use the common name in this country for the product being asked about.

Second- As you logged in from France why don't you contact a French bank for procedures more akin to where you live?

Return to Top
#150688 - 01/16/04 04:01 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow! Someone looks for help and gets totally shot down. Remind me to never post a question on this forum again! Diamond Discusser - how inappropriate. And we always say the French are rude!

Return to Top
#150689 - 01/16/04 04:05 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
Quote:

Wow! Someone looks for help and gets totally shot down. Remind me to never post a question on this forum again! Diamond Discusser - how inappropriate. And we always say the French are rude!

I totally agree. This isn't the first time that I have seen others get shot down for questions they have asked.

Return to Top
#150690 - 01/16/04 04:28 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Hi friends ,
I'm a new member in the forum , and I'm auditing our customers' safe boxes , this subject have never being previuosly audited . Unfortunatelly ,there is no procedures related to this topic and I'm really embarressed , so can anyone help me .

Thanks a lot .

Ay,
Specifically what are you looking for in your audit program? do you want to perform contract reviews, review the collection of fees, verify the entry cards to the ownership agreement? If so, I have an audit I would be willing to share. Send me a Private Message and I will forward it to you. To send a Private Message click on my User Name and hit the link that says Send Private Message.

Return to Top
#150691 - 01/16/04 05:49 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
You could also check AuditNet.org. The link is to a questionnaire for audits of safe deposit boxes. You can adapt to your banking rules. They have many good audit resources.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#150692 - 01/16/04 05:51 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
Folks This may not be a banker at all but someone looking for ways to defraud a bank here in the US. Thats done by having an understanding of the audit procedures banks have in place.

This user logged in this morning for the first time providing no informtion at all about who they are. This person accessed BOL from France. Do you not find it "Strange" that someone unknown in France would be interested in our Audit procedures.

Are you aware that BOL has been tapped several times for information by known felons wanted internationally, asking about audit and security procedures.

I'm all for helping "Bankers" but unfortunately you also have to be careful about what is posted in our public forum.

IMO for this kind of information maybe we should know who you are providing the information to

Return to Top
#150693 - 01/16/04 07:25 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
jason Offline
100 Club
Almost Heaven
kya = know your auditors.
<><

Return to Top
#150694 - 01/16/04 08:30 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry folks, but I totally agree with Don. His comments make good sense.

Return to Top
#150695 - 01/16/04 08:36 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
Quote:

Sorry folks, but I totally agree with Don. His comments make good sense.

It is not that I don't agree with his last remarks, their is just a way to state it. The first remarks came across VERY wrong.

Return to Top
#150696 - 01/19/04 10:54 AM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Simon Offline
FRANCE
HI KAYBEE

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP I VISITED THE WEB SITE AND I FOUND WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR .

Return to Top
#150697 - 01/20/04 03:00 PM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Dana Turner Offline

Platinum Poster
Dana Turner
Pipe Creek TX - U.S.
Folks:

Don's suggestion about checking the participant's background information is excellent -- we should all do this by clicking on the participant's sign-in name before we attempt to answer a question like this one.

Return to Top
#150698 - 01/21/04 07:58 AM Re: Customers' safe boxes
Simon Offline
FRANCE

As I mentionned before I'm a new member and I was really surprised by the way I was welcomed!!!.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z