Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2150989 - 10/24/17 06:27 PM Annual Security Report
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Hello,

I am trying to determine if anyone still lists the number of SARs filed for the year in their annual Security Report to the Board. This is currently reported on a monthly basis to the full Board. Does it really need to be reported again? I cannot find anything in the regulation that requires it but we have been including the total in the annual report for a long time.
Thanks for the help!

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#2151015 - 10/24/17 07:40 PM Re: Annual Security Report Sheba
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
No we do not do that. Now if it is in your BSA policy, than you would have to report them.

Return to Top
#2151038 - 10/24/17 08:24 PM Re: Annual Security Report Sunshine Lady
Sheba Offline
Sheba
Oz
Thanks Sunshine Lady. We don't have it in our BSA policy, so I think we are good. Appreciate the confirmation.

Return to Top
#2151045 - 10/24/17 08:57 PM Re: Annual Security Report Sheba
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
As I used to wear both security/fraud and BSA/AML hats, I was responsible for reporting to the board. While I reported quarterly to the audit committee, I usually had a year end summary of both fraud loss totals for the year, security incidents for the year, and SAR filings for the year with a comparison to the previous year or two. This was a way for me to show that as we were growing - so were the number of incidents, losses, and SARs. It is not required outside of any policy that you might have, but it might be a good practice to continue.

Return to Top
#2151171 - 10/25/17 08:00 PM Re: Annual Security Report Sheba
fmissle Online
Diamond Poster
Pac NW
My annual security report is fraud/physical security. I report seperately on BSA stuff at different times.

Return to Top
#2154654 - 11/22/17 06:22 PM Re: Annual Security Report Sheba
Always In Training Offline
Diamond Poster
Where the Green Grass Grows
I wear both hats right now, but my annual security report is separate from my BSA reports. Previously, I wouldn't have told my security officer anything about a SAR investigation, unless he was involved in the investigation.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z