Page 46 of 60 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 59 60
Thread Options
#897460 - 01/31/08 06:32 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
Originally Posted By: Pooh (The Bear)
Did anyone else notice that when Jack was at the hospital towards the end of the show, he was talking to a doctor (Mike Cannon on Las Vegas). Dr asked Jack how much he had to drink. Jack goes off on a rant about what he's had to deal with, yada, yada, yada.......BUT, then he says something like 'go check on my father and see if I've had more to drink than he has'.

From what we've seen so far, the reason Jack was on the flight that crashed was because he was bringing his dead father's body back from Australia.

Did I hear incorrectly?

~

No you didn't hear incorrectly as that was what was said. Most lost theoriests (I see myself as one) will tell you that Jack was either too drunk or too rallied (probably not the best word) to think straight. He said he's never been much of a drinker so you can guess he's been past sanity one too many times with his new found passion. In the flash forward (since he didn't know Kate in the past and he wants to go back to the island) his father is still dead but Jack wasn't all "there" ATM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#897471 - 01/31/08 06:37 PM Re: lost TigerIze
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Also, regarding Jack mentioning his dad, we didn't know until the end of this show (back when they showed it the first time) that is was indeed a flash foward. Or at least I didn't. I thought it was a flash back up until they showed Kate meeting him at the end. I think the references to his dad (both in the scene mentioned, and also when he is trying to refill the prescription at the pharmacy) were a result of Jack being "out of it" but I also think they served the purpose of "tricking" you into thinking this was a flash back instead of a flash forward.

Return to Top
#897488 - 01/31/08 06:51 PM Re: lost Hoosierland
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
It almost seems a bit like an "It's a Wonderful Life" type of scene where Jimmy Stewart wants to live again - Jack wants to go back to the island again.

Return to Top
#897529 - 01/31/08 07:19 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
It almost seems a bit like an "It's a Wonderful Life" type of scene where Jimmy Stewart wants to live again - Jack wants to go back to the island again.

Thats the thing that confuses me a little bit (I obviously have & know theories as to why he does). Does he want to go back because there is unfinished business there (they left someone, something happened as they left, etc)? Maybe its because he has a complex where he has to be the one to "fix" everything and since they've left he hasn't been able to "fix" anything (makes sense as to why he jumped at the sight of saving the woman who was in the car accident that he caused. Maybe there's something else...

Return to Top
#897556 - 01/31/08 07:41 PM Re: lost TigerIze
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
That's the thing about LOST - there is ALWAYS something else going on. Even when you think you understand, they add more back-story. It's what keeps most of us coming back week after week.

Return to Top
#897564 - 01/31/08 07:47 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i can't wait! other than lost, the only other drama that i watch with consistency is days of our lives: azerroth.

Return to Top
#897580 - 01/31/08 07:54 PM Re: lost Hated By Some
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
If you like drama be sure to check out Prison Break also.

My top four still stand... (in no order)... LOST, Prison Break, The Unit, 24... all amazing shows. Check them out if you want something good to watch.

Return to Top
#897910 - 02/01/08 12:36 PM Re: lost Anonymous
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Excellent episode last night - Lost is definitely back! Lots of new questions! Who are the last 3 of the Oceanic 6? Why does Hurley regret his decision to listen to Charlie in the future? What makes Jack change his mind about trying to get back to the Island?

So much good stuff - too bad only 5 episodes left...

Return to Top
#897936 - 02/01/08 01:46 PM Re: lost FBH
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
It was a great show last night. So many questions - Who are the Oceanic 6 - obviously Jack, Hurley and Kate are three of them. I had water running and missed what the tall man from Oceanic said to Hurley at the sanitarium that upset him. Charlie told Hurley that the others needed him to save them - that will be interesting.

Blue Hen - I thought they filmed 8 episodes before the strike? Maybe I'm wrong.

Return to Top
#897984 - 02/01/08 02:21 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
The Oceanic guy, which was a cover, said something like, 'are they still alive?' to Hurley.

There are going to be a lot of twists and turns ahead. Hurley told Jack that he should have stayed with him instead of Locke, but that they shouldn't have left???

My skin was crawling during the cabin/Jacob scene. I'm assuming it was Locke's eye staring out of the window at Hurley.

Seven more episodes this season, I think.

Return to Top
#897987 - 02/01/08 02:22 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
BigAC Offline
100 Club
BigAC
Sweet, Sweet Appalachia
And if Hurley went with Locke, how did he get off the island and become one of the Oceanic 6?

Return to Top
#897998 - 02/01/08 02:32 PM Re: lost BigAC
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: BigAC
And if Hurley went with Locke, how did he get off the island and become one of the Oceanic 6?

Good thought! I have a feeling (especially from the what they said towards the end of the recap before the show - that the Losties think they are being rescued) that the people who are coming to the island now may not be way off of the island.

It's a shame there are only 7 more episodes this year. A full season could have been very interesting.

Return to Top
#898150 - 02/01/08 04:05 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I don't think Charlie is really dead. People can drown and be revived for sometime after they quit breathing. OK...maybe I just wanna belive that. I soooooo liked Charlie.

I got a bit mixed up with the "flash forward" scenes. I finally figured out that the basketball court scene with Jack and Hurley happened before the sequences with Jack all ragged out with beard.

I wonder if the "he" Kate referred to when she and Jack met at the airport, will turn out to be the dude that parachuted out of the helecopter. I didn't recognize this guy from any past episodes but he kinda looked familiar.

Return to Top
#898161 - 02/01/08 04:10 PM Re: lost swiggles
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
Someone told me that Jacob kinda looked like Jack's dad during that scene with Hurley and all that. That's an interesting theory. He could still be alive. Locke surely didn't die after ben shot him, which leads me to believe they could bring Charlie back. I don't know. I loved the new episode, but hate that Hurley is crazy again.

Return to Top
#898250 - 02/01/08 05:16 PM Re: lost Hmmm...
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Hmmm...
Someone told me that Jacob kinda looked like Jack's dad during that scene with Hurley and all that. That's an interesting theory. He could still be alive. Locke surely didn't die after ben shot him, which leads me to believe they could bring Charlie back. I don't know. I loved the new episode, but hate that Hurley is crazy again.

Yeah, but Hurley is "cool" even in his crazy state.

Return to Top
#898262 - 02/01/08 05:33 PM Re: lost swiggles
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I don't think that Hurley is actually crazy again. He may think that he is, but I think what is happening to him is actually real and not imagined.

Return to Top
#898272 - 02/01/08 05:43 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I don't think that Hurley is actually crazy again. He may think that he is, but I think what is happening to him is actually real and not imagined.

I thought about that too....or perhaps he knows he's not crazy but thinks that the asylum is a safe place to be.

Return to Top
#898309 - 02/01/08 06:19 PM Re: lost swiggles
Hmmm... Offline
Gold Star
True... it's just still pretty sad to see him in there.. feeling like that's the safe place for him to be.

Return to Top
#898313 - 02/01/08 06:22 PM Re: lost Hmmm...
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
I think he's finding out quickly that it is not at all safe. First the 'Oceanic Rep', then Charlie.

It's also interesting that one of the other residents saw Charlie and told Hurley that Charlie was watching him.

Return to Top
#898414 - 02/01/08 07:40 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
Jin & Sun were on the plane right behind Jack in the finale from last season, so we know 5 of the 6 in the Oceanic 6. Looking at the obituary that Jack had, the guy was from New York and had a 16 year old son. If the flash forward episode for Jack was five years in the future, then the 6th could be...... Michael, with Walt as the son. Why this wouldn't make it the Oceanic 7 is beyond me, unless Walt is still being held by someone because of his powers.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#898498 - 02/01/08 08:23 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I think he's finding out quickly that it is not at all safe. First the 'Oceanic Rep', then Charlie.

It's also interesting that one of the other residents saw Charlie and told Hurley that Charlie was watching him.

That's a great clue. I'm tellin' 'ya......Charlie ain't dead.

Return to Top
#898499 - 02/01/08 08:24 PM Re: lost Bank Angler
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Did anyone see the 'hidden' stuff on the show after lost last night?

Return to Top
#898521 - 02/01/08 08:40 PM Re: lost Hmmm...
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
Originally Posted By: Hmmm...

Its not that Jacob looked like Jack's dad... it WAS Jack's dad. White tennis shoes and all. Jacob doesn't like technology or the advances in things so he probably wouldn't be caught dead (haha) in a modern day suit which was what Christian Shepard was wearing.

Also the person who came up to the peephole as Hurley was looking in it seems to be Jacob... I think I saw a glimpse of hair which would prove it wouldn't have been Locke.

For anyone who is REALLY into Lost like I am be sure to check out Lostpedia.com (or .net). It has possibly the most amount of info on Lost on the internet without giving spoilers for future episodes.

Return to Top
#898522 - 02/01/08 08:41 PM Re: lost swiggles
TigerIze Offline
Gold Star
TigerIze
FukoLand, MellonValley
Originally Posted By: swiggles

That's a great clue. I'm tellin' 'ya......Charlie ain't dead.

I think Charlie is dead personally. Even when he was talking to Hurley he informed Hurley that he is in fact dead. Maybe even if you leave the island... the island doesn't completely leave you....

Return to Top
#898529 - 02/01/08 08:45 PM Re: lost TigerIze
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: TigerIze

For anyone who is REALLY into Lost like I am be sure to check out Lostpedia.com (or .net). It has possibly the most amount of info on Lost on the internet without giving spoilers for future episodes.

Spoilers - I Want Spoilers -I'm the type of person who will read the end of a book so that I know what happens. Can't stand to be in suspense!

Return to Top
Page 46 of 60 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 59 60