Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#1035573 - 09/05/08 04:46 PM Economic News
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
of course j will try to denounce the gini index but there is no doubt that as the rich get richer, those funds that they are soaking up lead to people on the bottom losing jobs. these people should be rewarded for their hard work! even if it is to the detriment of huge numbers of people in our nation!

please, vote for a continuation of gop economic policies.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/ap_on_bi_st_ma_re/wall_street

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1035585 - 09/05/08 04:51 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Since Bush has been President, the unemployment rate has remained under 6.3% and averaged 5.2% (In Clinton's eight years it remained under 7.3% and also averaged 5.2%.)

wow, we are in a tight spot!

Bush has only done as well as Clinton..............

Return to Top
#1035587 - 09/05/08 04:51 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Ron, answer me this. According to Obamanomics, the answer is taxing businesses. How does this stop companies from leaving the country? How does it stop companies from passing the new taxes on to the consumer?

Return to Top
#1035589 - 09/05/08 04:52 PM Re: Economic News Pale Rider
A_G Offline
10K Club
of course he has.

Return to Top
#1035596 - 09/05/08 04:55 PM Re: Economic News Pale Rider
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Bush has only done as well as Clinton

market performance says that you are wrong. bf, amlf and vacuous think that you are right. ya'll must not be investors.

Return to Top
#1035601 - 09/05/08 04:58 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Originally Posted By: Experience
Quote:

market performance says that you are wrong. bf, amlf and vacuous think that you are right. ya'll must not be investors.

Nah, I am just far more prosperous these last 8 years, last 4 in particular, than I ever was during the 1990's, when I almost went bankrupt.

Not one tax cut has hurt me one bit, for a punk who used to watch warring drug clans stash crack coke in the wheels of his 1978 VW Beetle when the cops showed up.

Return to Top
#1035604 - 09/05/08 04:59 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
my misunderestimate of the thread, I thought the primary issue was the unemployment rate..............

the past 8 years have been so much better in light of other factors..........

Return to Top
#1035622 - 09/05/08 05:09 PM Re: Economic News Pale Rider
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Ahhh, the classic "rich people are the cause of poverty" argument. Got syllogism?

FYI, I am nowhere near rich.

Return to Top
#1035632 - 09/05/08 05:18 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

So then you posted this unemployment article for no reason, since the real issue is the stock market?

Return to Top
#1035637 - 09/05/08 05:21 PM Re: Economic News Pale Rider
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Since Bush has been President, the unemployment rate has remained under 6.3% and averaged 5.2% (In Clinton's eight years it remained under 7.3% and also averaged 5.2%.)

wow, we are in a tight spot!

Bush has only done as well as Clinton..............

Nice use of statistics, here.

A few details PR would prefer that you didn't know:

The unemployment rate of over 7% during Clinton's term was the rate he inherited from his predecessor, the first George Bush

Unemployment fell EVERY YEAR under Clinton until it reached 3.9% for each of the last four months of 2000!

That was the unemployment history that Bush inherited. Now it is all the way up to 6.1%.

But PR thinks that Bush taking a low unemployment rate and having it go up is doing "as well" as taking a high unemployment rate and bringing it down as Clinton did!

Using averages to show that up is the same as down?

Return to Top
#1035644 - 09/05/08 05:28 PM Re: Economic News Yossarian
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
ok, so Bush and by extension McCain and the GOP were responsible for the hike in oil prices that led to the hike in prices across the board that led to prices going up and companies raising prices and cutting workers? (The nearby GM plant in Janesville closing comes to mind.) Oh, I forgot...which candidate is it that wants to start drilling at home to stop our dependency on foreign oil while we step up development of alternative fuels?
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 09/05/08 05:29 PM.
Return to Top
#1035648 - 09/05/08 05:31 PM Re: Economic News Truffle Royale
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
ok, so Bush and by extension McCain and the GOP were responsible for the hike in oil prices that led to the hike in prices across the board that led to prices going up and companies raising prices and cutting workers? (The nearby GM plant in Janesville closing comes to mind.)

Yes, indeed. The GOP illuminati controls worldwide consumption and production of oil, created Hurricane Katrina, and are responsible for refusing to allow drilling on American soil again. Wait a second.... I thought God alone controlled the hurricanes, OPEC controlled much of the worldwide production of oil, and the democrats were the ones who for years now have insisted that we not drill our own oil.

Return to Top
#1035654 - 09/05/08 05:34 PM Re: Economic News TheManofSteel
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Nah, I am just far more prosperous these last 8 years, last 4 in particular, than I ever was during the 1990's, when I almost went bankrupt.

economics lie! trust my synecdoche, people!

Return to Top
#1035655 - 09/05/08 05:35 PM Re: Economic News GuitarDude
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude
Ahhh, the classic "rich people are the cause of poverty" argument. Got syllogism?

got gini index?

Return to Top
#1035656 - 09/05/08 05:36 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Got milk?

Return to Top
#1035661 - 09/05/08 05:36 PM Re: Economic News B_F
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster
If you and TR want to discuss drilling for oil why don't you start your own thread instead of hijacking this one?

This one is about unemployment and whether unemployment going up is the same as unemployment going down.

Return to Top
#1035663 - 09/05/08 05:37 PM Re: Economic News straw
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: straw
Quote:

So then you posted this unemployment article for no reason, since the real issue is the stock market?

pale posted honest numbers, didn't he?

talk about the market. talk about unemployment. four more years of these policies, please!

Return to Top
#1035666 - 09/05/08 05:39 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
i really fail to see how you guys continually blame presidents for things they have no real control over. In fact, it is Bush's fault you all have credit card debt, it's his fault people took out loans they couldn't afford to pay back, it's his fault that lendors made bad loans. Yep he is the devil and he is controlling everything from behind the scenes.

Return to Top
#1035668 - 09/05/08 05:39 PM Re: Economic News Yossarian
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
My post was a direct response to your's regarding unemployment numbers, Yoss. I was trying to point out an non-party controlled reason why there's been a huge loss of jobs, at least here in my neck of the woods.

Return to Top
#1035671 - 09/05/08 05:41 PM Re: Economic News X O
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Xo Xo Xodus
i really fail to see how you guys continually blame presidents for things they have no real control over. In fact, it is Bush's fault you all have credit card debt, it's his fault people took out loans they couldn't afford to pay back, it's his fault that lendors made bad loans. Yep he is the devil and he is controlling everything from behind the scenes.

no control over?

Return to Top
#1035673 - 09/05/08 05:43 PM Re: Economic News Truffle Royale
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
My post was a direct response to your's regarding unemployment numbers, Yoss. I was trying to point out an non-party controlled reason why there's been a huge loss of jobs, at least here in my neck of the woods.

the reason that that company failed has nothing to do with the policies of the chief executive.

Return to Top
#1035676 - 09/05/08 05:45 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
real control over. he has no control over the moves the fed made the last 10 years. lending regulations may have been loosened but nobody made those lenders make the bad loans. nobody made the american public over spend the last decade. jobs being lost are because companies made bad decisions. If you are unemployed mow a friggin yard. we have help wanted signs everywhere here, get off your ass and get a job.

Return to Top
#1035679 - 09/05/08 05:45 PM Re: Economic News Truffle Royale
Yossarian Offline
Diamond Poster

Your post had nothing do do with mine. You said "so Bush and by extension McCain and the GOP were responsible for the hike in oil prices that led to the hike in prices across the board that led to prices going up and companies raising prices and cutting workers?" while my post simply addressed the question of whether unemployment going up was the same as unemployment going down. I said nothing about oil or who was responsible for current unemployment.

Return to Top
#1035680 - 09/05/08 05:46 PM Re: Economic News Hated By Some
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom

the reason that that company failed has nothing to do with the policies of the chief executive.

he has no policies that aren't congress's policies first. i dont see you railing on the legislature...

Return to Top
#1035684 - 09/05/08 05:48 PM Re: Economic News X O
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
shooting from the hip, xo? mccain and w would be proud.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5