Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Thread Options
#109016 - 12/11/03 11:39 PM Re: What's the skinny?
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
From what I gather, the current consensus for the next boot is Burton, although there's some late-breaking controversial interpretations that it's Lill. However, it's unlikely that she gets eliminated, altough it's possible that she suffers an injury that does NOT get her kicked out.

I'm sure not liking the prospect of a Darrah victory (assuming the projections of the final winner are wrong). Recent seasons have been all too rewarding to people that do virtually nothing and remain as inoffensive as possible and who remain fused to the woodwork while scarcely ever saying or doing anything noticeable. Sure, it's a good strategy to hide your light under a bushel and then go on a late-stage IC run, but it also makes for a damn boring winner and one who seems less deserving than others.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#109017 - 12/12/03 01:14 PM Re: What's the skinny?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I agree, kind of like Vecepia who won I think S4? Under the radar and didn't work that hard. Kind of a boring show and you haven't heard squat from her since.

Return to Top
#109018 - 12/12/03 01:58 PM Re: What's the skinny?
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Well, Burton got the boot, and the jury was pretty excited. How dumb of "the guys" to assume Lill would be true to them and wouldn't side w/the girls. I would guess that unless JFP gets immunity, he'll go next, altho' I still think his ruse about his grandmother took the cake. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out....and apparently he doesn't even reveal it on the last show. I saw Burton on the CBS Morning show and he said they all found out on TV like the rest of us.

Return to Top
#109019 - 12/12/03 02:04 PM Re: What's the skinny?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I am bummed about Burton because I'm out of the pool now. However, he irritated me when the credits were rolling at the end and he's interviewd and he states he can't believe Lill broke her alliance and he hopes she can live with herself. Please!!!! This whole game is about breaking alliances and he was all ready to boot her out last night. Ugh!

Return to Top
#109020 - 12/12/03 02:25 PM Re: What's the skinny?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Sorry, Pam...... But hey, you got further than originally thought, right??

Now who do you want for All Stars?

Return to Top
#109021 - 12/12/03 02:32 PM Re: What's the skinny?
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I agree, Pam. What was Burton thinking, that Lill would see his comments immediately and therefore crumble? His intention appeared to be hurtful, not explanatory. He can lie and cheat and backstab, but she's not allowed to? Gimme a break!

I sure hope Jon goes next.

Return to Top
#109022 - 12/12/03 03:30 PM Re: What's the skinny?
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
I will tell you what though...it made me really nervous when JFP was talking to Sandra and swore on his grandmother. I thought for a second she believed him. I hope they kick his arrogant butt off next week. It made me sick (but then again I was laughing) when Burton and JFP were at the reward and speaking as though they had this whole thing wrapped up!!! GO GIRLS!!!

Return to Top
#109023 - 12/12/03 03:32 PM Re: What's the skinny?
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Not our Sandra, she is a tricksy gal. I love her plotting - I'd be doing the same. Except instead of hiding the machete, etc, I'd be throwing them in the ocean. Vindictive? Moi???

Return to Top
#109024 - 12/12/03 03:33 PM Re: What's the skinny?
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
Other spoiler sites name Darrah the winner--sorry RN. They say that Lil and Darrah are F2, and that Lil does injure a foot--perhaps a bad burn. They also hint at a secret Jon-Sandra alliance. But who gets voted out in the Finale's first hour? I can't even find a mention of this anywhere. I have seen that Jon's big lie doesn't come out. But have read that the Finale's TC is one of, if not, THE ugliest ever. But I want to know who gets booted next? Will Jon ever get the boot?

Return to Top
#109025 - 12/12/03 05:25 PM Re: What's the skinny?
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
What has many Internet fans seething is that Burton is all, "Lill, you despicable scum, I hope that someday you realize your horrible sin in voting against me in an act of treachery not seen since 30 pieces of silver"...um...lissen up, ya hypocritical dope--didn't you vote for Lill? So you can betray her and it's cool, but she can't backstab you? Fool.

That being said, I have to take this all on faith, 'cuz a production problem last night at the bank caused me to miss an episode for the first time this season.

Return to Top
#109026 - 12/12/03 05:30 PM Re: What's the skinny?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Sorry, Pam...... But hey, you got further than originally thought, right??

Now who do you want for All Stars?

I can't wait to see Ethan in the all-star show. I loved him, one of my faves. He was such a cutie and he was from Massachusetts, my town so that helped too.

Return to Top
#109027 - 12/12/03 08:46 PM Re: What's the skinny?
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I missed last nights episode as well. We went to my wifes christmas party. I set the VCR in my son's room to record it and when I got home, realized the time was never set back on it in October. I recorded a re-run of Everybody Loves Raymond and Who Wants to be A Millionare.........

Return to Top
#109028 - 12/12/03 09:21 PM Re: What's the skinny?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I missed last nights episode as well. I recorded a re-run of Everybody Loves Raymond and Who Wants to be A Millionare.........

That is too bad. I enjoyed the episode more than any other this season. Knowing ahead of time that Burton was going to be voted off, I found the men's comments more entertaining than ever. JFP is so irritating that I want him to dig himself a bigger hole. I can hardly wait for the reunion show on Sunday. You had better set a couple of VCRs if you won't be home to watch it.

Return to Top
#109029 - 12/12/03 09:33 PM Re: What's the skinny?
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
I read that Jon actually wins the first immunity of the finale. Can you believe it? And his lie doesn't come out during the actual show, BUT I hope it all hits the fan at the hour long reunion afterwards. I wish the women would smack him around for those stupid___ comments he made last night about "the women". The reunion this time should be more exciting than any before.

Return to Top
#109030 - 12/12/03 09:34 PM Re: What's the skinny?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I agree, can't wait for the reunion show! I'll be very tired the next day but's it's worth it.

Return to Top
#109031 - 12/14/03 11:09 PM Breaking news....
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
2 of the spoiler sites have suddenly done a turnaround and are now picking Sandra for the win, over Lill. Darrah to go first, then Jon, then jury votes for Sandra. If true, this goes against all the spoiler info we've had for weeks and weeks (but I would like it better since I like Sandra!)

Return to Top
#109032 - 12/15/03 04:56 AM Re: Breaking news....
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI
Interesting evening, and while Lill's heart won out - she lost to Sandra. Too bad she couldn't have kept JFP, tho' he might've had to fess up about Grandma and admit that he outwitted everyone - and thus, should win. Can't wait for the Allstars (anyone notice Jeff downplayed that when JFP said that maybe he'd say his grandfather died on the Allstar version?). It's been fun!

Return to Top
#109033 - 12/15/03 01:30 PM Re: Breaking news....
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
I noticed Jeff's downplay. I had to go to bed before it was over, but I did see some about JFP. Did Jeff ever give him trouble over the one tribal council when Jeff said "Are you drunk?" I thought Jeff was quite nice to JFP, which surprised me -- I didn't think JP liked him either!

What Lill did didn't surprise me a bit -- she made sure JFP got nothing -- just like he deserved.

Return to Top
#109034 - 12/15/03 02:21 PM Re: Breaking news....
Tiger Fan Offline
100 Club
I missed the final ten minutes of the reunion show; did Jeff ever talk to Osten about quitting? I thought it was interesting how most of the reunion show was about Rupert and John.

Return to Top
#109035 - 12/15/03 02:55 PM Re: Breaking news....
mfc Offline
mfc
Oklahoma
Quote:

Can't wait for the Allstars (anyone notice Jeff downplayed that when JFP said that maybe he'd say his grandfather died on the Allstar version?). It's been fun!

Is John definately in the allstar show?

Return to Top
#109036 - 12/15/03 03:05 PM Re: Breaking news....
Brandy Osborne Offline
Platinum Poster
KY
Dear lord i hope jon isn't on there, i couldn't take it!!!! i missed the last bit of the reunion too... hope somebody saw it. Interesting that jeff knew about the lie right after it happened, but couldn't say anything. I'm super glad sandra won it... lil had become unhinged and annoying in the end.

Return to Top
#109037 - 12/15/03 03:24 PM Re: Breaking news....
TDW Offline
Gold Star
I'm glad Sandra won too! Lill was getting annoying. Anyway, I think it would be interesting to have JFP on the all stars...maybe he would get taught a lesson!!

Return to Top
#109038 - 12/15/03 03:26 PM Re: Breaking news....
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Jon is NOT on AllStars. At least not that I've heard. Rupert is the only S7 member on there. And I suspect he does pretty well, judging by the weight loss (esp his arms) and the remark he made about beating Richard.

Jeff did talk to Osten (LOSER) about quitting but didn't hammer him as much as I thought he would. Maybe there was more they didn't show after they cut away.

Burton looked horrible.

Return to Top
#109039 - 12/15/03 03:57 PM Re: Breaking news....
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Based on how snarky Probst has been in past reunion shows, I was disappointed that he didn't verbally beat the tar out of Wussten. 'Specially since Ousted has been talkin' smack about him. Of all the Survivors this season, he was most deserving of a televised thrashing. And yet clearly, Osten has learned absolutely nothing and remains convinced that intelligent and malevolent pelican-borne bacteria were targeting him at all times. This guy's a flippin' prima donna.

Also I wanted Probst to let Scrawny Foulplay have it with both barrels, but I understand that in the end, the show is about entertainment, and they need...entertainers. And Jon certainly was one of those. I think Jon may find, though, that people don't love to hate him...they just hate him. I mean, that "dead grandfather" bit fell dreadfully flat, and rightly so. (Also, his buddy, Big Dumb Dan, managed to make a fool of himself on national TV, with all the signs he was throwing in a desperate attempt to remain on camera.)

Darrah remained as invisible as ever, but ChristaMeth cleaned up REAL good. Although the way she acted at the final TC finally convinced me that she's not crazy like a fox, she's just flaky and not nearly as smart as she thinks she is.

Also, shut up, Shawn. And when you're done shutting up, shut up some more.

Return to Top
#109040 - 12/15/03 04:03 PM Re: Breaking news....
DISAVOWED ONE Offline
DISAVOWED ONE
Deep South
What a great surprise win!! That was the best sole survivor conclusion ever!! I was tickled that Sandra won. Although Lil had gotten to be just TOO much to take, Sandra's win is thanks to Lil. The reunion was a bit disappointing--I wanted to see more sparks flying. And I thought they were all so civilized at the final TC--we need another Sue! I think Osten is feeling big regrets--mainly because of the public image he has now as a quitter. And Burton just looked so angry.

Now on to the ALL STARS!! The only reason I would want to see Jon on ALL STARS is if somebody (Richard probably) would put him in his place. But Pearl Island was so much fun. Now what am I going to do? February is way too far off!!

Return to Top
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12