Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42
Thread Options
#1143289 - 03/11/09 01:03 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I thought he used both of those for his comb over.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1143294 - 03/11/09 01:16 PM Re: American Idol Peepers
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
He has to get 'em both trimmed for healthy growth. smile

Return to Top
#1143297 - 03/11/09 01:17 PM Re: American Idol Peepers
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
I thought Megan sang the right song. It is actually the song I had guessed with my mom that she would sing.

Annoop, WRONG WRONG WRONG, man did he look like Weird Al.

Lil was good, but not great.

Jasmine, it just must not be time for her yet, I think she can be good with some coaching, but she i sjust not getting it.

Jorge -- again, Mow the Browl dude, he will got through with his family vote. They are like the Verizon network.

Adam, what can I say, HE ROCKS HE ROCKS HE ROCKS! He is SOOO far ahead of the group. His perfromances are like David Cooks in the last weeks of the show, not the first week. WOW!!

My prediction- Jasmine is gone tonight.

And what's up with the rule change they teased us with last night?

Return to Top
#1143298 - 03/11/09 01:18 PM Re: American Idol DD Regs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I bet the judges give someone the boot.

Return to Top
#1143299 - 03/11/09 01:20 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
And DD, I agree with ya on Megan. I still love the girl. She, Adam, Danny, and Allison are my faves.

Return to Top
#1143304 - 03/11/09 01:31 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I wonder if the rule change might be that the judges will be more involved in song choices. Or, perhaps the judges will give whoever they thought was the "best" a free pass for the next week (they can't be voted off). We'll see.

Return to Top
#1143310 - 03/11/09 01:36 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Yeah, like some kind of Ammunity?

Return to Top
#1143312 - 03/11/09 01:37 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
I didn't want to like Adam...he looks like a poser, but, man, can he sing. There were other great performances. There were other good performances. All in all, there were probably 10 or 11 of the 13 performances that were good. BUT...Adam blew them all away. It was not even close in terms of sound, energy, or stage presence. I never really liked that song much. By that time in The Gloved One's career, I felt like he was on auto-pilot. Adam stole that song from him

Return to Top
#1143317 - 03/11/09 01:40 PM Re: American Idol The OG Zaibatsu
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: fka -Z-
Adam stole that song from him

You hit the nail on the heat right here, Z.

Return to Top
#1143319 - 03/11/09 01:44 PM Re: American Idol The OG Zaibatsu
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
They mentioned the 'rule change' altering the show's format. Maybe they are going to an elimination process similar to what Rock Star used? The 3 contestants with the least votes sing for their lives and the judges boot one (or two) of them from that point. It would certainly help dampen the effects of Vote the Worst.

Return to Top
#1143325 - 03/11/09 01:46 PM Re: American Idol Ops
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I really liked Allison, Matt Giraud, Alexa, Danny, and Adam last night. Surprisingly, Kris Allen was good, too, I thought.

Sarver and Lil Rounds were adequate.
Megan wasn't very good, but there's something about her I really like.

Anoop was disappointing.

Jorge can sing, but I was not impressed with last night's performance, and I just don't see him winning. He kinda reminds me of Jon Secada, who was relevant 20 years ago for, like, 5 minutes.

Jasmine bored me, again, and Simon nailed it when he said she was robotic. That's what she is to me. Robotic.

I think there's another person who I didn't mention, but it must not have been that great, because I can't remember him or her. smile

Return to Top
#1143329 - 03/11/09 01:49 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
They mentioned the 'rule change' altering the show's format. Maybe they are going to an elimination process similar to what Rock Star used? The 3 contestants with the least votes sing for their lives and the judges boot one (or two) of them from that point. It would certainly help dampen the effects of Vote the Worst.

Rock Star was such a manipulation because the band could get the singer they wanted despite the votes. Each week, if the singer the band ultimately wanted was in the bottom three, they could just save him/her. It made the viewer votes irrelevant.

Return to Top
#1143333 - 03/11/09 01:52 PM Re: American Idol The OG Zaibatsu
Peepers Offline
10K Club
maybe there will be ring set up and the bottom two contestants duke it out, celebrity death match style

Return to Top
#1143343 - 03/11/09 02:01 PM Re: American Idol Peepers
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Fargo Idol - 13 contestants, one wood chipper

(I can't believe I just said that.)

Return to Top
#1143353 - 03/11/09 02:18 PM Re: American Idol The OG Zaibatsu
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: fka -Z-
Originally Posted By: RR Becca

Rock Star was such a manipulation because the band could get the singer they wanted despite the votes. Each week, if the singer the band ultimately wanted was in the bottom three, they could just save him/her. It made the viewer votes irrelevant.

Exactly. Maybe the producers are tired of the winner not being the most commercially desirable contestant.

Return to Top
#1143368 - 03/11/09 02:35 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
Blessed Offline
Diamond Poster
Blessed
USA
But why would it matter to them who wins when they have exclusive signing rights for the top 13?

Return to Top
#1143385 - 03/11/09 02:47 PM Re: American Idol Blessed
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, last night was wierd for me, because I found myself disagreeing with the judges quite a bit.

Lil Rounds - She works the stage well, but her vocals were very unimpressive to me, for the first time. It got better as she sang more, but, it wasn't good enough.

Scott McIntire - Ok, he sounded great, and he is a very good pianist. This is the first time I've really enjoyed him. However, he really needs a stylist to help him out with his selection of an outfit, and a haircut.

Danny Gokey - I loved the way he showed his range, and commanded both the stage and the audience. He's certainly got a lot of talent.

Michael Sarver - Started out great, but lost me about midway through. It was like he just kept repeating the same chorus with the same notes. It was a bit boring to me.

Jasmine Murray - Ok, I didn't think she belonged in the top 12(13), but she did pretty well with this performance. I liked it, and she looked great.

Kris Allen - He ALMOST hit it, but there was something off about this one that I couldn't figure out until Simon said that it was clumsy with the guitar. That nailed it. He could be going home.

Allison Iraheta - She reminded me of the 80s rocker chicks, but not as good. Despite all the praise she got, I was totally bored by her performance, and I think she could be in trouble.

Anoop Desai - ANOOP!?!?! I felt like he tried to keep it too close to Michael Jackson's version, and it turned into good karaoke, but nothing more. It just didn't feel current enough. Song choice kills, and despite how likeable he is, he is on dangerous ground.

Jorge Nunez - Nice range, but halfway through the song he lost me when suddenly his accent came out. He should be going home, no doubt in my mind, but Puerto Rico may save him.

Megan Joy Corkrey - I love this girl, but this performance was a total throwback moment. Hopefully she'll survive a bad song choice, and Paula will give her dancing lessons!

Adam Lambert - Ok, I liked his father, but I HATED his version of that song. Not only that, but the whole Adam Lambert as a rocker thing doesn't work for me. Something about it seems like a talented guy playing the part of a rocker in a musical.

Matt Giraud - I loved him on the piano, and he showed AMAZING range. I liked the way he made the song his own, and it was current but at the same time kept a great melody. He was by far my favorite of the night.

Alexis Grace - I liked her power. I liked her performance. Her mom is hot, and her back story is interesting. But her performance was a little off last night for a closing number. She fell in the middle of the pack to me, which is dangerous.

Bottom 3 Predictions: Allison, Lil, and Jasmine.

Going home: Jasmine.

Return to Top
#1143393 - 03/11/09 02:50 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Lemme just say.. thank GOD I don't have to sit through weeks of country music!.. 'cept I'm sure there will be a week of country music.

Return to Top
#1143398 - 03/11/09 02:59 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: B_F
Going home: Jasmine.

. . .and? Who will be the other one to go home, in your opinion, since two are going home tonight?

Return to Top
#1143403 - 03/11/09 03:04 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Well, I usually agree with you for the most part B.F., but not this time...

Return to Top
#1143405 - 03/11/09 03:04 PM Re: American Idol Ops
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Originally Posted By: Ops
Lemme just say.. thank GOD I don't have to sit through weeks of country music!.. 'cept I'm sure there will be a week of country music.

What kind of Georgian are you not liking country music?!?!?!?

Return to Top
#1143413 - 03/11/09 03:10 PM Re: American Idol MB Guy
DD Regs Offline
Power Poster
DD Regs
Somewhere in the middle
Must be a Nothern Carpet bagger.

<<<<prefers the country, but appreciates most all types(but JAZZ)

Return to Top
#1143433 - 03/11/09 03:35 PM Re: American Idol DD Regs
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: DD-Man
Must be a Nothern Carpet bagger.

There's nothin northern 'bout me!

The first song I can remember knowing all the lyrics to is Hotel California. I grew up on Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, & ZZ Top.. there wasn't any room for country.. closest thing I ever got was The Eagles. wink

Now I've gotta say I DO love me some Johnny Cash.

Return to Top
#1143436 - 03/11/09 03:36 PM Re: American Idol Ops
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
And those carpet baggers.. most of 'em around here came by way of Florida. We call 'em Sun-Ripened Yankees.

Return to Top
#1143440 - 03/11/09 03:39 PM Re: American Idol Blessed
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Originally Posted By: Disappointments
But why would it matter to them who wins when they have exclusive signing rights for the top 13?

Dunno. I thought we were just tossing out speculations here. Do you actually have some insight as to their reasoning?

Return to Top
Page 15 of 42 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 41 42