Thread Options
#1179118 - 05/08/09 03:08 PM New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published
Jerod Moyer Offline
Platinum Poster
Jerod Moyer
Sioux Falls, SD

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1179129 - 05/08/09 03:12 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Jerod Moyer
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Thanks! How did you get that so fast! I'm on the distribution list but haven't received it yet.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1179148 - 05/08/09 03:21 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published waldensouth
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
So much for thinking (and hoping) the mandatory compliance date might be extended beyond 7/30/09.

Return to Top
#1179169 - 05/08/09 03:35 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Deena
CSB98 Offline
Diamond Poster
Wisconsin
I have a question . . . it talks about the regulation applying to loans for application received on or before July 30, 2009. I'm assuming that to mean if you receive an application before July 30 but don't close until after July 30, then the regulation applies.

Return to Top
#1179219 - 05/08/09 03:54 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published CSB98
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
I think the FRB made an error in the press release. Look at the final rule. See page 31 where it discusses the effective date. It says "for which the creditor receives an application on or after July 30, 2009."

Return to Top
#1179317 - 05/08/09 04:59 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Reads Regs
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
I called the FRB and pointed out this issue. They have corrected the press release.

Return to Top
#1179548 - 05/08/09 06:52 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Reads Regs
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Where do you go to get on the distrbution list?

Return to Top
#1179620 - 05/08/09 07:24 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ahkcompliance
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Originally Posted By: ahkcompliance
Where do you go to get on the distrbution list?

FRB Website

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#1179973 - 05/09/09 02:52 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published Deena
David Dickinson Online
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: Deena
So much for thinking (and hoping) the mandatory compliance date might be extended beyond 7/30/09.

You're right. I was wrong. I can't believe they give a 2 months heads-up. frown

Return to Top
#1179986 - 05/09/09 10:53 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published David Dickinson
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
It is never over until the fat...... errr, implementation date. However based on the current climate surrounding mortgage lending, I guess I have to admit to being wrong and surprised myself. frown

Return to Top
#1180264 - 05/11/09 03:27 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published rlcarey
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
Just to make sure I am clear, 226.19(a)2(i) is saying that after the GFE/PTIL are sent our lenders have to wait another 7 days before they can close the loan? And then if something changes in the terms during that 7 day waiting period, they have to redisclose and then wait 3 more days to close the loan?

Return to Top
#1180376 - 05/11/09 04:15 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published COMPLIcated
sammylou Offline
100 Club
the tundra
Variable rate loan. Provide early TIL. On our in-house standard ARMs, we "set" the initial rate just days before closing based on the value of the index plus the margin we anticipate being in effect at closing. Index value changes the day before closing. We have to redisclose and wait three more days?

Return to Top
#1180471 - 05/11/09 05:35 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published COMPLIcated
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: COMPLIcated
Just to make sure I am clear, 226.19(a)2(i) is saying that after the GFE/PTIL are sent our lenders have to wait another 7 days before they can close the loan? And then if something changes in the terms during that 7 day waiting period, they have to redisclose and then wait 3 more days to close the loan?

yes. According to the final rule, both the 7 and the 3 have to expire before closing (closing can be held on that final day) New comment 19(a)(2)-2 clarifies that where corrected disclosures are required consumation may not occur until BOTH the 7-business day and the 3 business day have expired..

Hummm..makes me go back to my original thought...conceivably the closing could still be anytime from the seventh to the 10th day depending on how early the corrected disclosures were given! That's about clear as mud!
Last edited by RR joker; 05/11/09 05:49 PM. Reason: changed thought process

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1180516 - 05/11/09 06:02 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
YBRae Offline
New Poster
How are other lenders handling application fees in light of the new fee restriction? Face-to-face and Web apps are easily remedied but what about phone apps?

Return to Top
#1180533 - 05/11/09 06:10 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published RR Joker
ahanna Offline
Gold Star
Texas
but wait... if you MAIL the revised disclosures, you really have to wait an additional 6 days to allow time for the borrower to RECEIVE them 3 days prior to closing, right?

"...comment 19(a)(2)-3 to clarify that the three business-
day waiting period before consummation begins when the disclosures are received by the consumer and not when they are mailed.

... if the corrected disclosures are mailed, the
consumer is considered to receive the disclosures three business days after mailing."

Return to Top
#1180599 - 05/11/09 07:01 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ahanna
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Originally Posted By: ahanna
but wait... if you MAIL the revised disclosures, you really have to wait an additional 6 days to allow time for the borrower to RECEIVE them 3 days prior to closing, right?

"...comment 19(a)(2)-3 to clarify that the three business-
day waiting period before consummation begins when the disclosures are received by the consumer and not when they are mailed.

... if the corrected disclosures are mailed, the
consumer is considered to receive the disclosures three business days after mailing."

I have not read through the just released Final Rule, but that was one of my initial questions - - Is the 3 bus days "cooling off" after the consumer RECEIVES the corrected disclosure; which would match up with the RESPA changes.

Return to Top
#1180605 - 05/11/09 07:10 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published ktac MITCH
sammylou Offline
100 Club
the tundra
That was my read, too. If you mail a revised, wait three days for them to have "received" it and then wait three days for them to really think about it and then you can close. Geez . . . customers are NOT going to like this one little bit.

I think we'll be doing more HELOCs than ever!

Return to Top
#1180639 - 05/11/09 07:49 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published sammylou
YBRae Offline
New Poster
They way I read the new rule, the question of receipt of the early TIL is only applicable when you are dealing with the fee restriction (i.e. a lender may not charge a fee until the early TIL is received by the consumer). But the date the early TIL or the revised TIL is sent governs when the loan can close.

Return to Top
#1180643 - 05/11/09 07:53 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published rlcarey
compliancecrazy Offline
compliancecrazy
Southeast
So all Reg Z changes, even those that were effective on 10.1.09, are effective 7.30.09?

Return to Top
#1180667 - 05/11/09 08:07 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published YBRae
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Originally Posted By: YBRae
They way I read the new rule, the question of receipt of the early TIL is only applicable when you are dealing with the fee restriction (i.e. a lender may not charge a fee until the early TIL is received by the consumer). But the date the early TIL or the revised TIL is sent governs when the loan can close.

I don't believe that's correct. The seven-day waiting period is based on when the early disclosures are delivered or placed in the mail (not when they're received by the consumer), but the loan can't closed until three business days following the consumer's receipt of the corrected TIL (which is assumed to be three business days after the disclosures are mailed).

Return to Top
#1180677 - 05/11/09 08:11 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published YBRae
sammylou Offline
100 Club
the tundra
YBRae - I read the three days as relevant in the timing of considering the disclosures "received" when mailing revised disclosures, too. On top of that, you have to wait three days from receipt of an accurate early TIL to close date.

Could be wrong; I'm so messed up between MDIA, the other Reg Z changes for October and the RESPA stuff that may or may not actually go into effect for January. Damn, the next six months are going to suck badly...

Return to Top
#1180834 - 05/11/09 10:11 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published sammylou
sjlee Offline
100 Club
Oklahoma
Since we are on the subject of Reg. Z, can anyone shed any light on the Repayment Ability section when dealing with 5 year balloons?? All of our mortgages have 15 year amort. with a 5 year maturity. I know the reg states we have to calculate payments 7 years out, correct??

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to Dance in the rain." - Unknown

Return to Top
#1181031 - 05/12/09 01:56 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published rlcarey
2old2care Offline
Platinum Poster
PA
So, is this a true statement?????

Early TILA documents are being amended to add a new required statement onto the document. This change is required under the Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act, which was a part of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act that was signed by the President on July 30, 2008. The new statement (for both the initial disclosures and corrected disclosures) reads as follows: "You are not required to complete this agreement merely because you have received these disclosures or signed a loan application." This new statement has an effective date of July 30, 2009.

Return to Top
#1181051 - 05/12/09 02:02 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published 2old2care
sjlee Offline
100 Club
Oklahoma
"The Board believes that the reference to an “agreement” is sufficiently clear as a reference to the loan agreement that the disclosures summarize."

From the Federal Reserve Publication.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to Dance in the rain." - Unknown

Return to Top
#1181163 - 05/12/09 02:53 PM Re: New Reg Z Final Rule - Just Published 2old2care
Deena Offline
Power Poster
Deena
PA
Originally Posted By: 2old2care
So, is this a true statement?????

Early TILA documents are being amended to add a new required statement onto the document. This change is required under the Mortgage Disclosure Improvement Act, which was a part of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act that was signed by the President on July 30, 2008. The new statement (for both the initial disclosures and corrected disclosures) reads as follows: "You are not required to complete this agreement merely because you have received these disclosures or signed a loan application." This new statement has an effective date of July 30, 2009.

Yes, that's a true statement.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 35 36

Moderator:  Andy_Z