BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#145065 - 04/02/04 07:43 PM Re: Watch Elena Quit Smoking
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Keep quiting. Eventually it will stick. I tried several times then I found out I had a tumor in my lung. Well interestingly they don't believe it was from smoking. Fortunately it is benign. But it scared me enough to quit and I haven't gone back in 3 years. But the craving shows up once in a while. I smelt someone smoking on break the other day and I really had to resist asking for one.

Return to Top
#145066 - 04/02/04 11:52 PM Re: Watch Elena Quit Smoking
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

True confessions time. While my mother was in the hospital I broke down and smoked. So after three months, I started over Wednesday. I'm sorry to all who have pulled for me and prayed for me, and mostly to myself. I haven't had one since we brought mom home Wed. night, so I'm about 36 hrs. in again. I had to ask myself if I'm going to cave everytime a stressful situation comes up, and I don't think I will, but when I thought mom was going to die, I didn't really care. I hope you will all continue to pray for me.

Elena. Instead of thinking of yourself as a smoker who is tryin to quit. It is time to think of yourself as a nonsmoker who had a few cigarettes recently.

Return to Top
#145067 - 04/03/04 05:26 AM Re: Watch Elena Quit Smoking
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

Quote:

True confessions time. While my mother was in the hospital I broke down and smoked. So after three months, I started over Wednesday. I'm sorry to all who have pulled for me and prayed for me, and mostly to myself. I haven't had one since we brought mom home Wed. night, so I'm about 36 hrs. in again. I had to ask myself if I'm going to cave everytime a stressful situation comes up, and I don't think I will, but when I thought mom was going to die, I didn't really care. I hope you will all continue to pray for me.

Elena. Instead of thinking of yourself as a smoker who is tryin to quit. It is time to think of yourself as a nonsmoker who had a few cigarettes recently.

Thanks Z for putting it into perspective. That's a much better way of looking at it.

Return to Top
#145068 - 04/03/04 05:14 PM Re: Watch Elena Quit Smoking
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Good point, Z.

Return to Top
#145069 - 04/03/04 11:16 PM Re: Watch Elena Quit Smoking
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks Z for putting it into perspective. That's a much better way of looking at it.

The next time you face a stressful event just tell yourself, "I get to have a cigarette tomorrow, I get to have a cigarette tomorrow." Then, the next day, tell yourself the same thing.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett