BOL Conferences

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#1639072 - 12/14/11 08:33 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Purple Pride
Bacon Boy Offline
10K Club
Bacon Boy
Stuck w/Avatar
6.5' artificial skinny tree from Target. I wrapped 420 warm LED lights on it, then put on my BOL ornament exchanges, various silver glass balls and an assortment of my belt buckles. It's dope. There are no presents under my tree yet, because the new squeeze is Jewish.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1639083 - 12/14/11 08:49 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Purple Pride
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Never had a fake tree in my life. As a kid, it was mine and Dad's job to go pick one from the lot, and anything under 8' was unacceptable. It was my Mom's job to stuff the whole thing with so much gold garland you couldn't even tell it was a real tree. cry

Now that I have my own family, we strap on the snowshoes (my 4 year old is better on them than me!) and go cut our own. Can't beat the price of a $5 Forest Service tree permit! This year was pretty mild... two years ago it was -14 on the mountain! Fresh!

We usually try to do two trees. The main one, and my husband's Star Wars tree. It goes upstairs in the bonus room ... aka the Star Wars Lego cave. grin

Return to Top
#1639085 - 12/14/11 08:53 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree manimal
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
Originally Posted By: manimal82
P.P.S. Also praying my dogs don't see the tree as a newly-installed indoor restroom. eek

Good luck Manimal. I lost a very similar battle to my cats a few years ago, so the tree goes on the front porch.... It looks good there, but it is not good if it is a windy day.... I found it in the back yard last year. crazy

All I can say is thank goodness for plastic dollar store ornaments.

Return to Top
#1639087 - 12/14/11 09:07 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree esks
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: esks
Originally Posted By: DoobyDoobyDoo
3 foot aluminum tree with color wheel and rotating stand that plays silent night with the old tines and metal bumps

Salvaged it from the granparents attic a few years back

I am JEALOUS! I really want one of these, but only vintage will do!! Wanna swap? I've got a Festivus pole with your name on it... smile

no way... this is truly vintage, with the original white cottom tree skirt sprinled lightly with glitter...

Return to Top
#1639092 - 12/14/11 09:05 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Bagweaver
PStateBank Offline
Gold Star
PStateBank
Texas
Originally Posted By: Bagweaver
At work, a Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

A few years ago I planted a new tree in the front yard, and it has been a very slow growing tree, so I found an extremely large red christmas ornament to go on the tree. Every year I have my own personal Charlie Brown Christmas tree.

Last year I staged a scene that looked like the Pink Flamingos had been drinking too much Egg Nog, using a ladder and decorating a tree with Christmas lights. One Flamingo was falling from the ladder, wrapped in lights....I made little stocking caps for each of the flamingos. It was a really funny scene.

Return to Top
#1639095 - 12/14/11 09:20 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree PStateBank
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
Living room: 9 ft live tree. Went easy on the white lights this year - I think there are only 450 or so. Decorated with various gold, bronze, deep red, and glass ornys.

Keeping room: 7.5' skinny pre-lit. White lights, decorated with collectible (mostly Hallmark) ornys from each year and special occasions. We talk about each one as we add them to the tree. (wow, that sounds cheesy, but the kids still seem to enjoy it)

Landing outside kids' rooms: 6' pre-lit. Colored lights, decorated mostly with homemade and school-made stuff - basically the stuff that has sentimental value but the wife can't bear to put on display on the downstairs trees (AKA "her" trees) laugh

Throughout the rest of the house there is about a half-mile's worth (my estimation wink ) of lighted garland here and there (pretty much everywhere, actually), a couple of nativity displays, and various trinkets, stockings, wreaths, ceramic trees, and lots and lots of snow globes.

Return to Top
#1639102 - 12/14/11 09:15 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree RebekahL CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: RebekahL CRCM
Never had a fake tree in my life. As a kid, it was mine and Dad's job to go pick one from the lot, and anything under 8' was unacceptable. It was my Mom's job to stuff the whole thing with so much gold garland you couldn't even tell it was a real tree. cry

Now that I have my own family, we strap on the snowshoes (my 4 year old is better on them than me!) and go cut our own. Can't beat the price of a $5 Forest Service tree permit! This year was pretty mild... two years ago it was -14 on the mountain! Fresh!

We usually try to do two trees. The main one, and my husband's Star Wars tree. It goes upstairs in the bonus room ... aka the Star Wars Lego cave. grin

Bet that looks awkward if it hasn't snowed, but hey...

Return to Top
#1639104 - 12/14/11 09:27 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Bobby Boucher
esks Offline
Willie still loves razor bacon...
News flash - I just purchased two "new" ceramic trees. One is 20 inches, and is a style I don't have. The other is a 20 inch white one.

I'm so glad I travelled to an "out of town" branch today! smile

Return to Top
#1639108 - 12/14/11 09:18 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree RebekahL CRCM
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Originally Posted By: RebekahL CRCM

That ^^^^ is freakin' awesome!!!!

Return to Top
#1639115 - 12/14/11 09:24 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Bacon Boy
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy
6.5' artificial skinny tree from Target. I wrapped 420 warm LED lights on it, then put on my BOL ornament exchanges, various silver glass balls and an assortment of my belt buckles. It's dope. There are no presents under my tree yet, because the new squeeze is Jewish.

Oh BaBo- Does the new squeeze keep kosher?

Return to Top
#1639123 - 12/14/11 09:32 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Loralie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I it ok she just wraps the bacon with cheese so you can not see it. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#1639128 - 12/14/11 09:48 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Loralie
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Originally Posted By: Loralie
Originally Posted By: BaconBoy

Oh BaBo- Does the new squeeze keep kosher?

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha

Return to Top
#1639129 - 12/14/11 09:37 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Dip
VWgirl21 Offline
100 Club
The Bluegrass
New 7.5 ft unlit that replaced the 30+ year old tree my in laws handed down. It had to be unlit since I bought all new colored LED lights last year. A lot of the ornaments are the ones my husband's grandmother made him every year. Then we have a bunch of new adn old shiny brights ornaments.

I have three ceramic Christmas trees. One I took to work for my desk. My mother in law has a 3ft tall white one that she says one day will be mine! I told the hubs that is the reason I married him.

Return to Top
#1639133 - 12/14/11 09:50 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree VWgirl21
esks Offline
Willie still loves razor bacon...
Originally Posted By: VWgirl21
I have three ceramic Christmas trees. One I took to work for my desk. My mother in law has a 3ft tall white one that she says one day will be mine! I told the hubs that is the reason I married him.

Atta girl! Good catch! laugh

Return to Top
#1639164 - 12/14/11 10:08 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree edAudit
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
I it ok she just wraps the bacon with cheese so you can not see it. laugh

OMGoat that is wrong on SOSOSO many levels!

Return to Top
#1639280 - 12/15/11 01:13 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree cheekEE
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: CheekEE Monkey
My tree is so 10 feet tall and pure gold. My neighbors hate me because the gold 'glow' is blinding and keeps their kids awake at night but hey...it's the holidays.

In the front lawn I have 3 live reindeers grazing on the candycane grass and elves making rocking chairs for the Children's Hospital down the road.

I did go a little over the top and added an oversized Sock Monkey to the mix.

Wow. You win. Again. cool

Return to Top
#1639289 - 12/15/11 01:35 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree A_G
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
smile

Return to Top
#1639353 - 12/15/11 03:08 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Retired DQ
Summer Nights Offline
New Poster
Summer Nights
Land of the Green & Gold
We have a 6' fake tree in the basement rec room where we have hosted christmas the past three years because of how many there were of us. This year with the son coming home from the service for the first time in 3 years we again have cut down a 6' fatty real tree for the living room where we will host just immediate family per his very clear instructions! We must put at least 20 sets of lights on that bad boy to make it nice and bright and twinkly...love it!

Return to Top
#1639358 - 12/15/11 03:14 PM Re: Tell us about your Christmas tree Summer Nights
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Originally Posted By: Summer Nights
son coming home from the service for the first time in 3 years

::like:: smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3