BOL Conferences

Page 21 of 184 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 183 184
Thread Options
#1648619 - 01/10/12 06:06 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Sewanee, CRCM
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
The Sovereign State Of Oklahom...
Originally Posted By: sewanee
After my 23 wall pushups Monday morning, I did 3 miles on the treadmill last night.

Ran out of time for the pushups this morning; I'm keeping my brother's dog while he's out of town and the dog will only "do his thing" if he's walked; going out in the back yard isn't good enough! Good news though, that was an extra, although short, walk in.

I need to add some lunges in. Any idea of numbers?

Try doing them for 30 seconds and see how many you get. Don't use weights to do them, just do good form, low lunges. If 30 seconds isnt enough, go for a minute.

Return to Top
#1648620 - 01/10/12 06:08 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge 'Lil Freak!
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: 'Lil Freak!
Originally Posted By: STINKERBell
Originally Posted By: kitten
I couldn't kick your butt. And as long as I'm put in a home where no kids are allowed, they feed me, and do the yardwork, I'm good with that.

I'll light candles to mask the old-people smells.

*snicker*

grin

No kidding about the old people smells grin And I think the butt kicking comment was directed toward me since I will be occupying the room down the hall.

Oh man...that just brought back a flashback; my mom made worked in a home temporarily just to get out of the house a few years back and would tell me stories about the old people sneaking into each other's rooms for a little snookie-wookie.

eek

And yet, *high ten* to them! laugh

Return to Top
#1648778 - 01/10/12 07:27 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Quatro
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Quatro
Is it OK to join late? I'll go home and do 9 today, and one more for each day missed...promise! I told my wife about this, and she is onboard already, and we haven't even gotten home yet!

Also starting Couch to 5K...anyone ever done that?

I did a 5K in November, and since most of my running is on the treadmill, I found one online that used time instead of distances. I ran my first 5K in a little over 30 minutes. I'm working on improving my time for the next one!

Also keeping up with the pushups, and like Dip, every day I struggle with the last one, but the next day, I'm able to still do them all!

Return to Top
#1648880 - 01/10/12 08:22 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Y'all -

The membership in the FB page might drop. There are some people who are following Annie's program that are REALLY intimidated by your accomplishments. (as in: walking 10 minutes is a huge accomplishment!)

I think it's great, and am in awe of your stamina, but I just wanted to let you know that if you get a notice that people are leaving, that's why.

smile

Return to Top
#1648886 - 01/10/12 08:38 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Didn't know there was a FB page.....

Return to Top
#1648900 - 01/10/12 08:32 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
A CU, Where Regs Don't Apply
That's a shame, but I can understand. Everyone is starting at different points and levels of fitness, so we have nowhere near a level playing field. It's not meant to be a competition or comparisson amongst each other though, only aginst yourself. I think the whole point of the group is just a source of motivation and knowing that if you're struggling, you're not alone. Hopefully not many people are put off by the fact that others may have a more advanced starting point than they do.

I'm not starting from square one myself, but my immediate supervisor is a triathlete and when she talks about how she swam 5000 meters this morning and feels like a bum for not going for a run over lunch...makes me feel like I may as well order up a pizza and forget about fitness because I'll never be like her. But, everyone has their own goals, and all it should be about is supporting each other in pursuit of goals, not what anyones goals are in relation to another.

So, I hope people stick around!

Return to Top
#1648902 - 01/10/12 08:33 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge TINKerBell
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: STINKERBell
Didn't know there was a FB page.....

Stinker, search for 2012 Push-up Challenge. Jen started it. smile

Return to Top
#1648906 - 01/10/12 08:34 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
Y'all -

The membership in the FB page might drop. There are some people who are following Annie's program that are REALLY intimidated by your accomplishments. (as in: walking 10 minutes is a huge accomplishment!)

I think it's great, and am in awe of your stamina, but I just wanted to let you know that if you get a notice that people are leaving, that's why.

smile

Awwww frown

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1648908 - 01/10/12 08:34 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
I might have just added you.

Return to Top
#1648911 - 01/10/12 08:36 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge manimal
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: manimal82
Y'all -

smile

Awwww frown

I know. frown

I thought they would be as excited and inspired as I am, but they're skeered. frown

Return to Top
#1648940 - 01/10/12 09:06 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
manimal Offline
Diamond Poster
manimal
Deleted
I may be able to do some other stuff like running, but I STINK at pushups. I have to do the modified ones, and can barely do the required amount each day. I know that will change, but it just takes time smile

Innerpartysystem

Return to Top
#1648949 - 01/10/12 09:15 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Matt - THat is how I'm looking at the FB page. All y'all are impressing me.

But, maybe it's easier because I "know" you guys.

*shrugs*

I'm not going anywhere. smile

Return to Top
#1649331 - 01/11/12 03:44 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
I am totally going to join the facebook page. I ain't skeered a nothin. Took a core workout class today at the gym. Planking at 5:45 in the morning is not an easy task. But I made it through!!! Kicked my butt though.

I am so excited, we just started a weight loss challenge at work with some prizes involved. The stars are aligning perfectly, this thread is supermotivational, got a free membership at the gym, how can I lose????

Return to Top
#1649335 - 01/11/12 03:48 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
It is intimitading when there is a 40-year difference in age. I am going to hang in to see the before and after pictures though.

Return to Top
#1649352 - 01/11/12 03:59 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
By the end, you'll be doing push-ups on Pups back while he's planking and sipping Hefeweizen through a pair of swirly straws!

It's all about progress and doing a little bit more than you did yesterday. If that's walking two blocks on lunch, or doing 25 pull-ups with ankle weights on doesn't matter. Find your starting point and go from there. I don't think anyone here is trying to become a World's Strongest Man/Woman champion, just do things to improve our health and lifestyle, and maybe get a little muscle with which to flex at people who are being non-compliant!

Return to Top
#1649476 - 01/11/12 05:42 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Bec
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Bec
I am totally going to join the facebook page. I ain't skeered a nothin. Took a core workout class today at the gym. Planking at 5:45 in the morning is not an easy task. But I made it through!!! Kicked my butt though.

I am so excited, we just started a weight loss challenge at work with some prizes involved. The stars are aligning perfectly, this thread is supermotivational, got a free membership at the gym, how can I lose????

That is killer Bec!!!
And if you arent getting your butt kicked now and then, you arent trying hard enough, so way to go!

Return to Top
#1649489 - 01/11/12 06:00 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
smile

I was totally slacking with aqua-aerobics and treadmill...time to get serious!!

Return to Top
#1649494 - 01/11/12 06:04 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
6 minute planks and core classes will Get'r done! smile

Return to Top
#1649513 - 01/11/12 06:39 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Plodders, you are due for 11 pushups today.

Keep up the good work.

Return to Top
#1649514 - 01/11/12 06:40 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Hardbodies, you are due for 111 pushups and 10 minutes each side of side planks.

Aaaaaand GO!

Return to Top
#1649522 - 01/11/12 06:50 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
I'm neither of those...

I started my new list of strength exercises today, 15 things performed for 45 seconds to a minute depending on the thing, 15 seconds between. It's fast, but it kicked my AS...um, rear. I'm sore already, so I fear for tomorrow morning. I probably should have started with 30 seconds per item instead of 60.

Regular and side planks are on the list, as well as 3 types of pushups though, so at least I don't have to do those separate later on!

Return to Top
#1649653 - 01/11/12 08:49 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Matt_B
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Matt_B
I'm neither of those...

I started my new list of strength exercises today, 15 things performed for 45 seconds to a minute depending on the thing, 15 seconds between. It's fast, but it kicked my AS...um, rear. I'm sore already, so I fear for tomorrow morning. I probably should have started with 30 seconds per item instead of 60.

Regular and side planks are on the list, as well as 3 types of pushups though, so at least I don't have to do those separate later on!

Ibuprophen is your friend! 600-800 three times a day. Assuming you're stomach is tolerant. Also, doing speed work like that, creatine would help along with glutamine for recovery.

Return to Top
#1649674 - 01/11/12 08:59 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge kitten
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
::dials the doc for some Ibuprofin::

Return to Top
#1649677 - 01/11/12 09:00 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Pup
Bankbb1, PITA Offline
Bankbb1, PITA
Originally Posted By: Pup
::dials the doc for some Ibuprofin::

Crawl into Walgreens and get it over the counter.
Do planks while waiting. smile

Return to Top
#1649691 - 01/11/12 09:13 PM Re: 2012 Pushup Challenge Bankbb1, PITA
Matt_B Offline
Diamond Poster
Matt_B
Originally Posted By: Bankbb1

Ibuprophen is your friend! 600-800 three times a day. Assuming you're stomach is tolerant. Also, doing speed work like that, creatine would help along with glutamine for recovery.

Yep, just popped a couple, for an unrelated headache. Very tolerant stomach, shouldn't be a problem. I generally pop a couple in the morning when I get it up, to get through my run, but that's about it. May have to step it up.

My current whey does have glutamine, 14g per serving, says the tub. I have a pre-workout with creatine in it, but I'm as much of a fan of it as I am of a different kind I use, so haven't messed with it much. Perhaps I should consider it, though it dyes my mouth blue-raspberry colored...lol. This list is recommended exercises for the tough mudder race, so it's very much tailored to the activities you have to complete along the course. I'm sure most of it is going to come down to endurance, willpower, and not wanting to look like a sissy in front of all the hot chicks though wink

Return to Top
Page 21 of 184 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 183 184

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett